Smoke and Fire

Smoke and Fire

As I cry, I tell Ryan everything that happened in the cafeteria and he keeps nodding through it so he doesn't interrupt me.

I stop crying and make sure to wipe away any sign of tears.

At least I wasn't wearing make up. That would of been terrible.

I sniffle a couple of times until I'm sure that I can't sniffle anymore. Then I turn to look at him.

"Olivia told me you were looking for me earlier. What happened?" I ask and Ryan's sympathetic expression changes to something of anger.

He looks away from me and looks somewhere else.

"I...we need to talk." He responds after a few seconds.

"About?" I ask.

"Why were you so angry yesterday when you saw me with that girl?" He asked and finally looks at me.

Now I looked away from him and start fiddling with my fingers.

"Well, we had plans and you just changed it so you can 'play' around with your toy of the night. Did you expect me to be all peaches and flowers about it?" I ask, irritation evident on my face.

Ryan's once angry features soften but still leave a trace of anger.

He sighs before responding. "No, I guess. But I wasn't thinking about that at the moment."

"Right you were just thinking about having sex with someone again for what, the fifth time this week?" I say in a questioning manner and roll my eyes.

Ryan shifts in his seat so that he's sitting straight.

"That's not what I meant." He says.

"Then what do you mean?"

"I don't know. Even though I may not know why, it's definitely not what you think." He says.

I let out a snort and stand up. I need to end this conversation now.

"Whatever. So I'll see you later at my house?" I ask when I stand up and he stands up too.

"Yep. Wouldn't miss it for the world." I roll my eyes at his statement.

"Missed it yesterday..." I whisper, trailing off and walk to my next class.

***********

I enter chemistry and go to my seat where James is seated.

I wasn't even in here for five seconds and I'm already annoyed.

"Can you get out of my seat?" I ask and he shakes his head.

I sigh in frustration and attempt to push him off the chair.

When I fail he laughs. "Wow, your weaker than you look."

I scowl at him then bonk him right on the head and laugh when he hisses in pain and gets up from my seat.

I sit down and out my bag on the chair while James takes a seat right next to me.

The teacher looks over at us and raises her eyebrows. I wanted to scream, "who the fuck do you think your looking at?", but I stayed silent.

I nodded subtly and she looked away. Talk about bitchy.

James poked my side and I wiggled in my seat. I hate being ticklish.

"I didn't know you were ticklish." James says smirking.

"Well now you know, mission accomplished."

"My mission is far from accomplished. I still don't have you." He says and for some reason I blush.

That was the cheesiest line I have ever heard. I guess my hormones are still at work.

"Don't you love me?" He asked, noticing my blush which causes him to smirk wider.

I roll my eyes and I think my blush fades. "Your about as bright as my gym socks, you duck." I say and he snorts.

"Don't you mean dick?"

I shake my head. "No. I meant duck."

James looks confused. "Why did you say duck?"

"Because you have a pointy noise." I reply and chuckle.

"Have you been checking me out?" James smirks.

I roll my eyes for what seems like the billionth time today. "You WISH
I was checking you out. I don't check out ducks." I snap in a playful tone and James laughs.

"Admit it, I'm the cutest duck you have ever seen." He says and I smile.

"You just admitted to being a duck." I say, giggling.

"Why would I deny it? If they have long beaks, I can just imagine how long their dic-" I cut him off.

"Never mind. Just focus on class will you?" I ask turning to face the front.

"How am I suppose to do that with such a beautiful distraction?" He asked and my cheeks heat up again.

I'm pretty sure I look like a tomato.

Stupid hormones!

"Your beautiful distraction should be Olivia." I say looking over at him and he frowns.

"Her? Nah, I'm good. She seems like the clingy type. I hate girls like that." James shudders as if he was re-living whatever happened.

"So if I was clingy, you would leave me alone?" I ask hopefully.

"For you, I'm willing to make an exception." He says winking at me and faces the front.

I guess this the end of our conversation then.

I blush at his words and look at people's shoes.

Some girl has boots with a zebra design. The fuck?

"What are those!?!?!" I whisper so only I am able to hear it and snort loudly.

James glances at me then focuses back on the teacher.

What? I had to say it....