Chapter 6... I do!

'Lian? Lian? Are you there?' came the sound of Tania's voice etched in concern. 'Are you okay?'

Tania's voice was like a bath of cold water. She stiffened and broke off the kiss as she pushed Derick away from her. She tried to compose herself. She ignored Derick beside her and rushed toward Tania's voice. She found her friend a few yards away.

'Here I am,' she said breathlessly.

'I was worried when you disappeared and Derick went searching for you and he never came back and I thought....' Tania's voice drifted off. Lian knew that Tania was over protective of her especially after what had happened a few years ago.

'I was just enjoying the peaceful night, I have not had a break in two months and I wanted to savour the serenity before I head back to the hustle and bustle of New York.' Lian tried to comfort her friend who still looked a bit piqued.

'You okay, you look a little flushed?" Tania was staring at her intently.

'I am fine the air just got a bit chilly as I was coming back.' Lian brushed the worry over with her friend's words.

'Did you see Derick? He was looking for you?' Tania looked over her shoulder searching for the person in question. Lian hoped he remained back and did not reappear.

'Derick? You know how we are, he probably came to lock me in the cellar or something.' she lied smoothly still feeling a bit flushed. She needed to get Tania out of the garden quickly.

'Hey, he is a great guy but I can never get it why you two don't get along.' Tania continued still looking around for Derick.

'Enough talk about Derick, we need to get back before a full-fledged search party is sent out and we all know that Lucas would do that.' She diverted the talk and their bodies away from the garden.

Lian tried to lighten the mood with some stories from her time in the Big Apple. Tania was in stitches as they made their way back to the dining area. She nervously hoped Derick had not followed her. She turned around for a final look before she stepped into the hall and saw him watching her from the garden. The look he gave her made her break out in goose pimples. He had something up his sleeve and she did not want to find out.

The rest of the night went smoothly until they were ready to leave and she noticed that both Tania and Lucas had disappeared. A hotel porter said he had seen them go into the elevator about twenty minutes prior. Lian and Sarah decided that the two lovebirds were probably up in Lucas' room so they decided to spoil their fun. 

She came to Lucas' door and started to knock very loudly, 'Hey you two no hanky panky before the wedding night! Come out you two, Tania I am going to tell your dad about this.' The rustling she heard behind the door proved her theory right. A very highly coloured Tania opened the door minutes later.

'Girl, only a few more days okay?' she said pulling her dishevelled friend out of the room. She poked her head in and saw Lucas coming out of the bathroom pulling up his trousers.

'You just need to keep those trousers up a little longer matey.' she intoned jokingly as he looked at her with a glare. She winked at him before she pulled the door closed and dragged a protesting Tania to the elevator.

'How could you two not wait a little longer,' she chided her friend.

'It has been a long month Lian, when you get a man you can't keep your hands off then tell me that.' Tania said pitifully trying to fix her hair.

"Serves you right for not sticking to the abstinence pact you made, now look at you. Your Dad will definitely know you got some tonight.' Lian joked at Tania's discomfort.