Baby Jam Session

Miranda's pov

Lucy looks like me. Gracie has Jason's eyes and facial features. I lay my head on his shoulder as we watch our baby girls. "I'm so glad I can see this." I whisper, lacing my fingers with his. He kisses my forehead. "Me too. So when ya saw me for the first time, was it what you expected?" "It was what I expected and more." I say, kissing his cheek. I smile and watch the babies sleep. They're beautiful. We go lay down and his bedside radio was playing 106.7 and it was Blake's nobody but me. "Just because I took so long don't mean that it isn't real. I ain't got no diamond but I'm down on my knee so honey don't go lovin' on nobody but me." I curl up into his chest and he turns the radio off.

*the next day*

I wake up hearing guitar. I walk to the nursery. He was playing his song starin' at the sun. I watch in the door way. "She's like finally comin' home and seein' that light in the window on after bein' gone so long, she's like finally comin' home, standin' in the rain, starin' at the sun." He lowers the guitar. "Your mama makes me think of that song. She's the first thing I wanna see when I lay down and when I wake up." I sneak over and cover his eyes. I can tell he bit back a scream. "Damn girl I nearly had a heart attack don't kill me now!" He gasps, making me laugh. "You're the first thing I wanna see when I wake up and go to sleep too." I say, kissing his lips. His arms find my waist. Mine around his neck. Lucy starts crying again. He sighs and lifts the guitar. "Now what?" I guess he's been playing songs for the babies. "How long have you been awake?" I ask. "A few hours." He says, shrugging. "I sorta lost track of time." I smile and take his guitar. "And now, this cowgirl is taking the reins." I say, taking his seat. I strum along to Miranda Lambert's house that built me. "I know they say ya can't go back again, but I just had to see it one last time."

Jason's pov

Man she has such emotion when she plays. It's amazing and beautiful. "I thought if I could touch this place or feel it, this brokenness inside me might start healin' I thought that maybe I could find myself! If I come in, I swear I'll leave won't take nothin' but a memory from the house that built me!" I smile and watch her. She finishes singing and opens her beautiful ocean blue eyes. "Hey Jay, you're crying." Huh? I am? "I didn't even realize." I stand up so does she. "I guess it's finally hitting me. How wonderful my life is. I have the perfect girl, two perfect baby girls. I don't think anything could make this day better." She rests a hand on my cheek. "You've got such pretty green eyes." I smile. "Your eyes are your best feature." I joke. She laughs. "Really?" I nod. "You beautiful girl." I say, kissing her.