Chapter: 12 -The Truth

© Stephanie Stewart || 2013 || ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

------------------------------------------

**EDITED***

Can I get all of my silent readers to start voting & commenting for me! I know the select few who do vote and comment & I love you guys! Thanks for the support!

HAPPY READINGS MY LOVELIES

-Steph

--------------------------------------------

 Chapter: 12

The Truth

He placed his hand over mine and a smile formed on his face. I could not see his eyes because he was wearing those glasses that the eye patients wear that keep them safe from the sun. His eyes are still delicate. They are still healing and I hope he fully regains his sight. Also a part of me hopes he doesn’t. That is only because I feel that when he gets his sight back, he will forget me.

“How are you feeling?” I decided to speak first.

He patted the seat beside him, so I removed his hand from mine and sat down beside him. “I feel fine. I went to the doctor today.” His face fell slightly after he said doctor.  I did not know what to say, so I just sat there and looked at his face trying to figure out what emotion he was showing. I could not read him due to the glasses.

He sighed loudly and ran his hands through his hair. “I may have to have surgery.”

That thought scared me. Surgery can be worse on you sometimes. “On your eyes?” Stupid question Summer.

He just nodded and bit his lip. “Why?” I asked quietly.

He looked away from me. I placed my hand under his chin and turned him back to me. He sighed and said, “Doctor said that I should have already gotten my sight back. He wants to go in and operate. Apparently something’s causing it not to heal fully.” My breath hitched.

I am so terrified. What if his vision doesn’t improve after this surgery? “Are you going to have it?”

He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. “Summer, I don’t know. I want you to come with me tomorrow. My doctor will explain the surgery. I want you there to help me.”

His voice broke my heart. He sounded helpless. “Of course I’ll come with you. I told you that I wouldn’t leave your side, right?”

“Yeah, you are right.” He said calmly.

I smiled and leaned forward and kissed his cheek. “Is something bothering you?” I froze. Damn, him and his new senses.

“Uhh, I-I eeer wanted to ask y-you something.” I stammered out nervously.

He had an amused look on his face. I mentally cursed myself for sounding so stupid. “What do you want to talk about?”

I guess this is it. I took a deep breath, got up, and faced away from him. “What are we?” Why did I just say that? Shoot, Summer. You are an idiot.

He ran his hand nervously through his thick brown hair. “I don’t know Summer. I want to take you on a date, like a normal one. One where I’m not blind.”