so close 「kuroo tetsurou」

You're in my arms, and all the world is calm.
The music playing on for only two.
So close, together.
And when I'm with you
So close, to feeling alive.

"I'm glad you're here with me, Kuroo." She smiles as they continue to walk towards to Kenma's house. (First Name) promised to go to her friend's house since she promised that she would help him on his weakest subject which is English.

"You still have to pay me after this." Kuroo says with a playful grin on his face.

"Pay you for what?" (First Name) asks, confused since she remembered that she does not owe him any money or maybe she did but she couldn't remember.

"My talent fee." Kuroo answers.

"What talent? I don't think you even have a talent in the first place." She laughs.

"Rude."

"It's true... well, we're here and thanks for accompanying me along the way. It was nice chatting with you. See you tomorrow, Kuroo." (First Name) knocks on the door.

"Hi (Last Name)." Kenma greets as he lets her inside of his house.

"Yo Kenma, don't do anything I would do." Kuroo jokes.

The blonde makes a disgusted face and shoots back. "You're sick.. bye." He then shuts the door.

Kuroo laughs before he leaves the Kozume household.

A life goes by,
Romantic dreams must die.
So I bid my goodbye
And never knew.
So close, was waiting,
Waiting here with you.
And now, forever, I know
All that I wanted
to hold you so close.

"Ehhhhhhh?! You're dating (First Name)?!!!" Yamamoto yells with a shocked look on his face. He couldn't believe that the silent one on the team got a girlfriend first before him.

"Huh? yeah, we are." Kenma answers without taking his eyes off the game he was playing at the moment.

"How did you trick her into dating you?" Lev asked with an innocent smile on his face. Yaku kicks him on the behind and scolds him for asking a question as stupid as that. He congratulates Kenma for getting a girlfriend but Yaku then wonders why was their captain is being too quiet.

Kuroo was standing out of the open. He looked like as if he was slapped on the face. It was unlike him not to tease his childhood friend for capturing a pretty girl's heart.

"Hey Kuroo, are you alright? You can't space off again, you know what happened the last time you did." Yaku reminds him of what happened back then as he pat his shoulder.

"Hmm? Oh okay." Kuroo then jogs over to a group of first years to help them in setting the net up.

So close to reaching
That famous happy end.
Almost believing
This one's not pretend.
And now you're beside me,
And look how far we've come.
So far we are. So close...

Years had passed by, (First Name) and Kenma stayed strong despite the bitter truth that they had to be far away with each other since both had different goals in life. Kenma wanted to be a game programmer while (First Name) wanted to be a/an (dream job). They rarely had dates due to their tight schedule which was fine because they wouldn't have it in any other way.

They would rather deal with the distance from each other than to deal with the sadness that their other half doesn't love them anymore.

The birthday of (First Name) was getting closer so Kenma decided he should buy her a present with the help with his friends.

"How about a lingere?"

"No, that's a bad idea." Yaku voices out.
"(fave pet)?" Inouka suggests.

"The dorm doesn't allow pets." Kenma replies.

Lev smiles "A friendship bracelete."

"They are already dating, why would they need a friendship bracelete." Yamamoto sweat drops.

Silence took over and they were running out of options until Kuroo talked. "How about you give her something that she wouldn't expect?"

Kenma thought and replies with a simple "okay."

On their 4th anniversary which was also (First Name)'s birthday. Kenma bought her an engagement ring and proposed to her. It was certainly unexpected.

Oh how could I face the faceless days
If I should lose you now?

"Thanks for being Kenma's best man, Kuroo." (First Name) smiles as she pats him on the back. "It really means a lot for us that you accepted our request, if it weren't for you.. I wouldn't have met the love of my life." She smiles and looks at her husband, who was being hugged by his mother.

"It's no problem, (First Name)." Kuroo replies with a fake smile on his face.

He didn't  know what he should do; should he laugh at the fact of how pathetic he is at that time or should he cry knowing that the boy he loves up until now had married the love of his life. There are many times when he wondered how life would be much different if he confessed to him but he knew it was better this way, knowing that Kenma will never love him back anyways due to the reason that he sees him as a friend.

We're so close to reaching
that famous happy end,
And almost believing,
this one's not pretend.
Let's go on dreaming
for we know we are...
so close, so close
and still so far...

---
The cringe never felt so real 😂😭😂
Hahahahahaha end me 💣
I'm sorry everything escalated so quickly. if you need me, i'm gonna sit on the corner and think of what i wrote