Chapter 1

Chihiro's POV

I sighed silently, looking at the black board.

"Miss Ogino. This question please?" Mrs Gibbs suddenly calls.

I look to her, panic evident on my face.

"U-Um..I'm sorry..I wasn't paying attention.." I stammer.

She sighs and looks at me and disappointment as I gain a few laughs and snickers from across the room. I stare at my desk, Not dating to meet eyes with my teacher.

I don't belong here. Not at all. I belong in the place I discovered when I was 10 years old. The Spirit World. The Bathhouse. With my Haku.

Haku.

A single tear drops onto my Math book. Haku. I miss him. I remember his soft green hair flowing through the wind, His piercing grey green eyes. I remember our promise.

I'm distracted from my thoughts when the school bell rings and everyone shuffles through the door in conversation. I smile to myself, grab my bag and dash through the door.

I gently jog out of the doors and past everyone, It's not like those typical movies. I don't get a "Hi Chihiro!" Or "Hey! How are you?" As I'm running past with dramatic music in the back.

No.

Everyone just carries on with their conversations and just carry on not knowing I exist.

I quickly hurry through the woods and past the old lake. I turn a few corners and there I see it.

My heart stops and I feel tears welling up again. I drop to the ground.

"W-Why Haku? You promised me I'd see you again. That we'd be together. It's been 5 years.." I cry.

A gush of wind rushes past my shoulders making my ponytail flow in the wind, My hairband coming loose in the process.

This is the one thing I have ever cherished. My only present from the Spirit World. Zeniba, No Face, Bird and Boh made it for me, Promising I would protect me. I smile gently and retighten my band.

I delicately place my book bag on the ground, as it may be the las- No, praying this would be last time I see it.

I walk towards the tunnel, Taking a huge sigh.

I'm coming Haku.

I run through the the darkness running towards the river. It's not different at all. Just the same as it was when I was 10. I run past the river to see the old abandoned theme park.

Taking turns every second, I make it back to the Food stalls.

I scoff at all the delicious looking food. If I ate it I would be turned into a pig.

Then I seen it. The Bathhouse. I gently walk towards the bridge, Taking in the sight.

I watch as the Sun kisses the ocean, The moon appearing in the sky.

I wipe away a tear. I knew it. He's forgotten me. He's forgotten our promise. He doesn't love me, and never will. It was just a joke wasn't it.

A loud creak makes me turn around, Seeing a figure on the other end of the bridge.

That green hair blowing in the wind. His white shirt complementing his body.

My heart freezes, and he looks just as surprised to see me.

I don't say anything, I just breath heavily, Praying this was real, I dash towards the figure and he does the same.

We stop face to face. Tears stream down my cheeks. He places his soft palm on my cheek, Caressing it with his thumb.

"My Chihiro..." He says softly.

I place my hand on his.

"My Haku.."