Twelve

Malia has just walked in to the cafe where she is meeting Alex, her small purse in her hand as she spots him in casual clothing. When he spots her, he stands up and walks over to her pulling her into a soft hug.

"Hey so where are we going" she asks?

"Have you ever been to the Apollo" he asks?

"No" she says.

"Just trust me, you'll love it" he says and takes her hand and leads her outside to his white SUV.

"Alex..wait, what are we doing" she asks?

"You say you are a singer, but I only heard you sing pop and upbeat songs" he says as he opens her passenger seat door for her.

She looks at him and climbs in before buckling on her seat belt and being careful of her blossoming baby bump.

Thirty minutes later, they pull up outside of the Apollo theater and he climbs out before walking around the car and opening her door and holding his hand out. She carefully steps down with his help and he keeps hold of her hand and leading her through the big doors, she always wanted to be in the Apollo.

"It's beautiful" she says as he leads her up some stairs before leading her back stage and appearing where a big, black piano is on the stage and the lights are dimmed.

"Come on I want to show you something" he says taking her hand and leading her over to the piano and sitting down on the bench with her next to him.

He places his, strong long fingers on the keys and she watches with interest as he plays a soft melody; she taps her fingers a little when he breaks out in song.

Oh-hh-hh
All my life
I've been told
I was wrong
And I've been told
I don't matter

She is shocked as he prolongs matter before turning to face her.

"Wow, I didn't know you can sing" she says.

"I grew up in a religious family but I struggled just like everyone else, I made my weaknesses my strengths" he says.

"I wished I could be as strong as you, here I am almost four months pregnant with twins by a man who hates his family" she says.

"I'm not trying to preach to you or change you but maybe you should try and let God in your life, for example there's this song that helped me" he says and she watches as he focuses on the keyboard.

"It's called I'm Alright" he says and starts singing.

Malia stands up and sits up on the edge of the piano and crosses her leg as she nods her head to him, once he finishes she claps loudly.

"You're a wonderful singer" she says.

"Thanks" he says and stands up, he places his hands on her hips and helps her off the piano.

He walks into the back and then comes back with a picnic basket and a thick blanket before lying the blanket down and spreading it out before lying things out on the blanket, he pulls out turkey sandwiches, juice, chips, and some cake slices. Malia sits down with her legs out in front of her and he sits across from her as he hands her a sandwich.

"Have you always wanted to be a singer" he asks?

"I did since I was twelve" she says taking a big bite and closing her eyes at the delicious taste.

He smiles and she looks at him confused when he scoots forward so his legs brush against hers before he raises his finger and swipes the corner of her lips before wiping the excess mayo on a napkin.

"Thank you" she says licking her lips.

"You're welcome" he says before dropping his hand and popping a chip in his mouth.

"So I didn't tell anyone about this date" she says.

"Are you scared" he asks?

"Of you, no. My baby's father has temper tantrums" she says setting down her sandwich.

"I can handle myself" he says.

"I'm sure you can" she says before leaning forward and placing her hand on the back of his head and pressing their lips together.

She doesn't feel him respond so she slowly pulls away feeling rejected only to stop when his hand moves to her hips and keeps her in place as he deepens the kiss, Malia moves to her knees as does he. Her hand moves to his arm as one of his entangles in her hair, she moans softly before they pull away and he rests his forehead against hers.

"Any regrets" he asks?

"Not one" she says and places her hand on his chest on top of his heart and raises her head pecking his lips again before going back to eating her sandwich.