First Date?

I walked over to the living room lifting my purse up from the single chair flopping down into it.

I had been standing in the kitchen for what felt like hours replaying what had happened earlier.

Did I do the right thing? Shouldn't when you do the right thing you can feel it inside? You would have this warm fuzzy feeling knowing you did something good for someone else. But that is definitely not even close to what I am feeling. I feel alone, cold, hollow, if that is even possible! Surely I have only known Harry for a little more than two weeks, but in that time period, we have become great friends and I have grown feelings towards him. After what happened to me in grade nine, I made a promise to myself that I would never do anything like that again. I wouldn't get feelings for someone that is strictly a friend. But here I go again, for the second time in my life, getting feelings for someone that I shouldn't. I don't understand why I do this to myself. If I had the choice, I wouldn't have feelings for Harry right now, and everything would be fine, but no, I have feelings for him and I feel like utter crap.

I sighed reaching into my purse for my phone. I pulled it out turning it on to see five missed calls. I looking through my call log seeing Finn had tried to call me. A rather small smile appeared on my face as I pressed his contact information calling him back.

"Hello," he answered in a groggy voice.

"Hey Finn, it's me," I said quietly.

"Hey Kaylee, is everything alright," he asked.

"I'm hanging in there, did I disturb you," I asked leaning back into the chair.

"I was just sleeping," he said I could hear the smile in his voice.

I quickly removed the phone from my ear to see the time. '11:56' where did the time go?

"Shit, I'm so sorry I woke you, I didn't see the time," I said in a worried tone.

"It's okay, I called to see if we were still on for tomorrow. You weren't answering your phone so I got a bit worried," he said.

"Yeah, sorry about that, I got caught up in something," I said thinking back to the fight with Harry. Was that a fight? It sure felt like one to me.

"So what time do you want me to be over tomorrow," he asked breaking me from my thoughts.

"Noon is fine," I said looking down at my hand.

"Alright, that sounds perfect. I can bring lunch and we can chill in your flat," he said.

"You don't have to bring lunch, I can make something here," I said smiling at how sweet he was being.

"No, I want to," I could hear the smile in his voice again.

"Thanks Finn," I smiled.

"I'll see you tomorrow at noon then," he confirmed.

"Yes, see you then," I smiled.

"Goodnight Kaylee," and with that the line went dead.

I stood up carrying my phone in hand walking towards my bedroom. I stopped in my tracks looking to my right seeing the front door. I walked towards it lining up my 'Toms' against the wall then walking back. Sighing I turned the corner walking down the hallway and into my room.

I put my lamp on walking over to my window closing my blinds. I walked back beginning to undress. I dropped my clothing in the hamper walking over to my bed picking up my pajamas sliding them on. I went into the bathroom putting the light on finding a hair tie on the counter. Picking it up, I quickly tied my hair in a ponytail turning the water on to wash my makeup off my face. I was planning on taking a shower this evening, but after everything, I just didn't have the energy to.