Threw the Flames

IF YOU OPENED THIS GET READY FOR SOME CHRASHLEY FEELS.

Sam POV

I ran. I ran for my life. I ran to the switch of the lodge not even caring about what I had left behind. Mike, Emily....and Ashley...they were gone. What have I done. I flicked the switch and the lodge went ablaze. "Aaarrrggh" I yell in pain as the lodge blows up and sends me flying. I fall and hit the ground full of soft white snow. But that wouldnt help the impact. I lay there for a minute. "What have I done." I murmured under my breath.

I see chris. He stands up and looks around looking determined. "Where's Ash?" He sounded tired and concerned. "Chris...." I said softly realizing my mistakes. "Where's Ash...Sam!?" I feel terrible and so selfish. I saved myself. "I'm so sorr-" Chris cuts me off. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO ASHLEY!?!" I step back. "Chris....she was in there.....when I ran. "He looks at me terrified. You can see him breaking down. He starts crying. I have never seen Chris cry before. "A-Ashley." His voice cracks. I hate hearing him in pain. Why did I do this? What have I done?

I see Chris staring at the lodge. Then he looks at me still crying. "W-Why?" That's the only thing I couldn't fully understand myself. Why did I do it. Why did I kill Mike, Emily and Ashley. Why was I so selfish when I am supposed to be the caring person. But things change over time. What just happened tonight. This was a different person that I never knew I could become. But it has changed me. I told the truth. "Because I was scared....and I ran to save myself." He looks at me like I'm not even a person. Like I'm not even there. He is staring right threw me. "I'm sorry Chris." Next thing I knew he was running into the lodge. Running threw the flames. "Chris!"

Chris POV

My heart throbs in pain as I run threw the lodge. I hear Sam yell my name I just ignore her. At least the flames have mostly died down. It is so hot but I don't care if I get burned I have to find her. I have to find Ashley. I see Emily's body all burnt. It makes me sick to see her like that. I never really liked Emily but I never wanted this to happen to her. I run forward finding the one of the wendigo's on the ground. I don't care about it so I look away. I walk a few feet and find Mike. The poor batard deserved better. Mike was never a really close friend but I kind of liked him. I keep walking. Shaking my head.

I'm searching, searching, and- wait I found something that looked familiar. Ash. "Nononono please God no. Please don't do this to me." I can't deal with this. I see Ashley's body on the ground. I feel my lungs burning from the smoke that has soaked into them. I pick her up and hold her tightly even though she was gone. I still was not ready to let her go. "A-Ashley.... please....please don't leave me." The tears running down my cheeks are dripping down on to Ashley's beanie as I hold her head I'm my arms. I'm rocking back and forth. "I'm sorry this happened to you.....I'm sorry I couldn't protect you....I'm sorry I wasn't good enough to save you." I feel my legs burning against the hot coals on the ground. Burning threw my jeans. I don't care what happens to me. All I wanted was to save her....and I couldn't.

The next thing I knew a large piece of a lumber pillar falls down onto me. I feel my leg break. It was already injured from earlier running from the wendigo and now it was worse. I'm still holding onto Ash. I pull her closer as the flames start rising again. I knew I wouldn't make it out of the lodge I didn't have a reason to anyways. Everything I loved was right in my arms. The last words I get out before the flames endure me are "I love you Ashley."

I tried making this sad and I don't know if this made you sad or cry. But it definitely made me cry. I warned you about feels and I tried to deliver them. I'm sorry for making such a sad fanfiction.