Crota's End

Bot and half of his team had already transmatted to the given coordinates on the moon. Rach, Bot and Black sported their new armour and weapons from their raid in the Vault of Glass. Rach's armor and her Suros Regime were better than anything she recovered in the vault. But her sniper and rocket launcher came from their last raid.

Black sported a new pulse rifle; Praedyth's time piece. He kept his Longbow sniper rifle and a machine gun. His Don't Touch Me shoulder armor was about to come in more handy than he realized and the rest of his armor had been provided by the Future War Cult.

Bot would swear by the helmet he had received from Hellmutt; the Apotheosis Veil amplified his power. His robes, gloves and boots came from his raid on the Vault. Bot loved his shot gun and so long as Black was by his side, he never needed a sniper rifle of his own. The machine gun he carried was a gift from Atheon and the primary fusion rifle he carried was designated by his ghost as the Vex Mythoclast.

Standing near a massive crater with seemingly no bottom, the small team watched three more Guardians transmat onto the moons surface. A titan and two more hunters appeared. Bot's ghost informed him their team had been completed by a striker, a gunslinger and a bladedancer. The gunslinger was named Josh, the bladedancer was simply designated as Panda and the striker titan was named Happymeal.

"Which one of you is Bot?" The titan asked, marching forwards. "We're supposed to report to you."

Bot looked over each of his shoulders, at Black and then at Rach. "I'm Bot. Ikora told me she would give us three more guardians to fill our fireteam. Is that you? Do you know why you're here?" Bot asked Happymeal and his companions.

"We are here because we are the best the Crucible has to offer." Happymeal chuckled and crossed his arms. The titan wore the mark of Osiris on every piece of armor. He had clearly made a name for himself defeating his fellow guardians. Bot didn't have much respect for guardians that spent their time defeating other guardians; there were larger threats further from home. "The Vanguard has requested that me and my team join you and your team to end this supposed Hive threat."

"Supposed? They're definitely..." Rach started but was cut off by Lettuce.

"If the Hive were actually a threat, wouldn't they send more than six guardians?" Lettuce asked and as much as Rach hated it, the hunter had a good point.

"We have a Hive god to kill. We just killed a Vex god, the Hive are next on our list. If you don't want to think they pose a threat then feel free to embark on this mission with a sense of complacency." Bot said. "But don't expect me to watch your back when I don't believe you've got mine." Bot turned his back and began marching towards the bottomless crater. He wasn't sure where he was going but when he stumbled across a rune encrypted plate, covered with dust, he stopped and remained in place.

"Look at that," Black said and pointed towards the bottomless pit before them. Smoke swirled and light began to harden as a bridge was being formed while Bot stood on the plate. It was becoming obvious that the plate was similar to the Vex sync plates they had previously encountered. Bot made a mental note to keep an eye out for these plates. One by one, members of the fireteam stood on the large plate and their presence cleared the dust from the plate revealing just how large it was.

"What's happening here? What are we waiting for?" Josh asked as a light bridge continued to form. It took a couple of minutes but it finally reached the center of the crater and a portal was created. This portal didn't stand upright; it opened straight downwards into the abyss. "That," He pointed to the horizontal portal, "Is that where we are headed?"