Prologue

PROLOGUE

You wake up with no memory at all. You are lying in rubble of a collapsed building, with a loud dumpling noise fading in the distance. You are holding a gun in your right hand. You are wearing a suit of armor with a blue visor. You hear loud whistles through the wind in the distance, and gunshots. You sit up and take in your surroundings. The building looks like a parking garage, with chunks of the celling in nearby cars in your visions range. You get up, and have a sting of pain in your left leg, but keep your balance. There is a hole in the wall away from you. You make your way to it and walk out.

There is a sewer pipe by you, with a street over it. There is a crater through the streets. You climb up, and take in a view. The streets are barren, and you are in an urban area. You walk by dead bodies with suits of armor also, and see ships fly fast between the buildings overhead The air is gray, and also the sky is. You make your way down the streets to the sound of gunshots, which leads you to a town square with people of your suit variant, and people with another, and it seems like the people like you are shooting at the people with the other suits. They are both on different sides of the street, taking cover behind rubble, and wrecked cars. Immediately, you think 'This is a war, but I don't know any of these people, or robots'. You take a risk of diving through the firefight to your fellow suit sharers, who don't fire upon you. You think they're friendly, and you ask," Where am I?". Most of the, cheer," He's alive!" and one of them says," Open fire on them lieutenant! You glance at him, and realize that he's referring to you. You hoist your gun on the rubble, and fire at the other people. Your gun shoots yellow energy shots, which you realize that its a laser gun. You take down a couple of enemys, before you see a warship come out of slipspace in the sky above you. Your comrades yell," Fall back! We need evac! Were dead!" One of them speaks, saying," Olympus, we need evac ASAP! In the distance, ships come out of the sides of the warship. The guy also says," Watch out, they have air units out." Then, you realize that he called for backup through his radio in his helmet. But, across the streets, more of the enemy come from nearby alleyways, and move forward. Our side desperately shoots them down one by one, but they keep coming. We're also losing men. The same person who called for backup says," Were pinned down, we need to get outta here now! Where's our backup?"

The enemy is just yards away when a gunship flies in the square and hovers over the center tile of the square, and opens fire off the side of the ship, and kills all the people coming to us. You hear a whistle through the air, and you crumple to your knees, with a sharp sting in your right leg. You look towards it, and see blood on your armor there. You think 'Damn it, I'm sniped'. The Guy that called for backup yells," Medic!" Then, an explosion rumbles nearby. The force shakes you, and knocks your comrades down to the ground. You turn sideways, and see most of your comrades lying motionless next to you. Your hearing fades, while someone injects your wound with Antihemorrhagic, and the pain numbs. Then, your dragged to the center of the square, with black dots dancing around your vision. You are carried into the gunship, and layed down onto a bench in the ship. The ship takes off, and people work on you, while you're losing consciousness, then everything goes black.

* * *

You wake up in a bed, in a room with a lot of medical equipment. Your left foot is hanging in a sling, while your head is wrapped in gauze. There is a door at the end of the room, and a red button by you, which is to call for a nurse or a doctor. There is a pouch hanging from a pole at the end of the bed, with a cord linking it to your arm. The liquid in the pouch is clear, and it looks like there is an ivy in your arm. You think 'Some kinda drug? Then the pole beeps, and you feel a cold feeling in your arm, and lose consciousness.

The next time you wake is when a white man with a suit walks in, with a clipboard in hand He has a shaved beard, and has glasses on.. He sits next to you, and introduces himself to you. He says," Hello, I'm Hence Smith. You may not remember me, but I am the commanding officer and medical supervisor of this frigate." You start to say," Where", but your voice cracks. Your throat feels dry and hoarse, so you keep your mouth shut. Hence says," Mmm, that pollution might've hurt your throat. Bottom line is, you made it Alex. The Pirates are pretty tough though, but you may be wondering-" He takes of his glasses," You have amnesia. Its a very bad case, and we can help you. Best we can do is remind you of your past, which I only know pieces of. You're one lucky guy, surviving all of those battles. Most don't make it when they're part of the Super-soldier experiments.". You think this over, and realize that you've had no memory since of being in the collapsed parking garage on the side a sewer system. Hence says," But, when you faced off with-" The room shakes violently, and the cord on your arm detaches. Your foot falls from the sling, and you feel a sharp painful sting. the bed rolls to the left, and you hear gunshots and yelling down the halls.