Act I: First Signs

Chapter 3

   The war games arena was an enormous, close-quarters size, facility. Rules were clearly stated over the intercome, and repeated, so I figured that wed know by now. The number one rule: No killing, field medics will be standing by. I didn't know how'd we'd fight if we were all out in the open, but i was wrong. First, everyone put on a vest. there were many, blue ones, and red ones. i got red, and followed my team out on a far side of the facility. The other side was across from us, then, a huge long rod spanning from opposite ends of the facility, moved along the celling, projecting a holographic image of a miniature battlefield. Then, when the rod was at the other side, opposite of its starting position, the holographic battlefield became colour, and seemed life like. Then, an A.I.'s voice counted down for the round to start. My team started walking on the new terrain.

   The first shots were fired eastbound of my current location, Then more started all around me. Immediately, my mind was put into gear, and i knew the location of each firezone. My hearing kiced in, and i also knew the distance. So, i took the flank of the nearest fight, came up behind the enemy while he was behind cover, and knocked him out. "Oops," i said.  I booked it, flrring from the area. i walked through corridors of a building, and when i turned a corner, i found myself in hand to hand combat with some guys. There were three, close to eachother. As a reflex i had, i ducked and swept them off their feet. Two of them fell, while the other regained his balance. I drop-kicked him, while I knocked out the 2 other guys with the butt of my gun. The third put up a fight. He was a good one. My brain was put to work, analyzing his fightning technique. After a number of punches from him, I could tell he was offensive, so i just had to get behind him...I kept ducking with miraculous power I didn't know I had. But I found a problem. He knew that i was going for the behind, so I didn't have a choice but to go forward. Then, I felt a surge of power. Everything levitated around me when I threw punched, with orange light coming from my arms. When my fist contacted his chest, I was ripped from time. I was in a bowl shaped area, with no celling, exposing space. There was a chasm, under a bridge that I was laying on, pain throbbing all over my body. I was lifted from the ground, and turned to look at the figure who lifted me. All I could see was its face, because it had me by a chokehold. He had a face that was technological, seeming like a helmet, and said," With you disposed of, no one will have the power to stop the inevitable." And he threw me into a chasm, and I returned to the present. I knocked him out with the hit, causing an orange shockwave, forcing everything nearby backwards. Then the power I had left me. I stared at my arms, thinking, Whoah! What the hell just happened!? Then my conscience reminded me that i still have no memory where this power came from, or how to even control it. Damn, I thought. Im sick and tired of not having memories. Time to get involved in this life.

   I plowed through most of the blues, seeing unconscious  reds lying in some spots. No orange light later that day. But at least I got first place on the scoreboard outside of the facility. I was hauled down the halls, and up to the bridge. One of my carriers announced," The winner of today's war games is this guy right here!" Most of them cheered, and a medal was put on my neck. I was also hauled to my cabins doorstep, then groaned as I got up. My body ached of using all that energy to survive the games, I layed down on my bed. But I remembered that I was still in armor, and dragged myself to the armory, and had the Equipper disconnect my suit into various pieces, and took them through the walls. I stumbled back to my bed, and crashed.

   Nap was about 2 hours, but i felt good when I woke. I asked hence if I could have a month-long tour of the galaxy, to try to refresh my memory, or at least, add to it. He said he'll think about it, and i nodded, and walked out. Gotta reserve the tour, I thought. I'm going on a galactic trip.

   The plans were that I travel to Earth, and other useful worlds. First trip, Earth. Records show that I have a mansion there. I'd like to check it out.

   The ship I was traveling in was a shuttle, with no weapons. Hence assigned a pilot and told me to be back in 72 hours. I set a timer on my phone, which I purchased in the mini-mall on the 4th floor, and since the times were different in space and planets, the timer would aid well on the journey. The pilot and I climbed aboard, and we were in the Sol solar system, with earth not to far away. Lightspeed took a few minutes, and we flew above the planet. The planet seemed beautiful, with clouds swirling into circles above the mixture of water and land. We flew towards it, shooting through its atmosphere, to a chunk of land shaped like a sideways thumbs down, connected southward to another landform shaped like a pistol with no trigger. The pilot called it 'North America'. He aimed for the Western coast of a country called 'The United States of America. The pilot explained that there was a world war back in 2025, which ravaged the planet, but the United States won the war by creating the Sky Terra Ships, which exterminated the other nations against it, therefore, winning that war. The other nations wanted to expand an empire over the planet, building an empire. One of the most powerful was a nation called 'North Korea', which they used nukes to bomb the others before they interfered with the project. Beauty came back to the planet a century later, making it one of the most beautiful planets known to man.

   We were coming to an air-site, where we landed the vessel, and I got out. The pilot got out of the ship, and took off. He told me to call him when he needed him, so I went my own way. Someone there was assigned to guide me through the planet. Maybe I can learn what the hell's going on.