Was I going to die?

I looked at the barrel aimed at my head. I then whispered "do it.." He looked at me almost dumbfounded and said "what?" I then repeated myself becoming more angry sounding "DO IT!" I shouted "Quit trying to beat around the bush and finish what you already started! I'm not a person who waste their time on somebody who's not going to finish what they started. It's pathetic!" I then began to cry. I was tired of trying to stay alive when there was no other hope for me, like I said before, just by me simply being Hector's wife only meant I was bound to fall with him. "Little girl, what did you say to me, did you just call me pathetic!" The man said in a sharp tone, and began to walk closer to me, practically placing the pistol to my skull. "You heard me" I said back at him, I then closed my eyes waiting on my death.
*Bang*
I heard the gun shot but wait....I wasn't dead, I then opened my eyes to find the man bleeding on the floor, I breathed heavily relieved and began to turn around slowly to thank the person who saved my life. The figure began to walk up to me and before I knew it they kissed me. I then tried to make out the figures face and began to try and push him away. "Hector?" I said sounding rather surprised "but I thought you were dead, how did you... What did you...?" He then cut me off and said "look it's a long story but we have to get out of here, I will explain everything later." He then grabbed my hand and we both ran to the car. I hopped in with no second thoughts and as he started the ignition a buckled load of relief, released from my body. Just Hector's presence made me calm, at this point I didn't even want to question what happened I just wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. "Your parents are fine" he then said " I told them to turn off their phones and to not contact anyone for the next 24 hours." "Great now even my parents are involved" I complained "what is even going on Hector, and how are you even alive I saw you dead?" He then signed and said "That man wasn't me, it was someone else, I also wasn't the man who brought you to this location." "But... You two looked exactly alike" I stated, he responded and said "that's what money can buy someone, and him pretending to be me has got me and my family in deep trouble, that is why I went to Japan. I'm sorry I didn't tell you the truth from the start I was just trying to keep you safe" I then looked at him and caressed his face while saying "Do I look safe? I mean I understand you just trying to make the best decision, but why of all people would you be getting in such a predicament." He glanced at me and let out a deep sigh and just continued driving. I stopped asking any more question and just looked at him. I would never understand why a man as amazing as him would ever be in such a situation, and I hoped that whatever it was, it wouldn't make my feelings change for him. Although at the end of the day I never thought my feelings would change, I was confident in my love for Hector and deep down I knew he was confident in his love for me, with those last thoughts I became rather tired all of that running and crying had took a toll on my body. "Go to sleep, everything will be fine" he said and with those last words, I slowly fell asleep.
I woke up to Hector carrying me. "Where are you carrying me too?" I soon asked "We are going to stay in a hotel for a little while, would you like me to put you down?" He questioned, "No I'm fine with you carrying me like this" I said while laughing, he chuckled and continued carrying me to our room. He then placed me on the bed and laid down beside me, he soon said "listen no more questions for tonight, I love you sweet dreams." He soon gave me a good night kiss, and closed his eyes. "Goodnight" I whispered. I wanted to ask so many questions, I wanted to understand everything that was going on, but I just laid there and looked at his face. I was so happy that I finally had My Hector back, but I wondered if my presence would just make his situation worse.