Edited: 5

It's been five days since Travis and I started dating and things have actually been okay.

Scratch that. We're fake dating.

And let me explain what this 'okay' thing is.

Every girl at camp either wants to kill me, ship the relationship, be me, or won't let me explain how "Travis has changed towards me and I have towards him, for the better".

Every boy at camp that thought I was tough and cool backed off and thinks I'm not as strong and independent anymore.

And then, all of my siblings are asking me why I had lowered my standers to be with him. They constantly tell me that I could do way better, but in truth have no idea that Travis and I aren't really dating.

Gods help me.

The only person that's been making me feel good about this, just so happens to be the man himself, whom I'm "dating".

He always manages to put a smile on my face...him and I  have come pretty close, and I've even started to accept his company more and more often. I have to meet Travis for training. Today we agreed to practice on sparing. He wanted weapons but I didn't feel like wounding my boyfriend.

When I reach the training building, I see that there are other campers in here too. Hazel is sitting and is working on bending the mist with a cat in her lap—who I assume is really Frank. Leo is running from Claresse who looks like her hair is smoldering a bit. And Percy and Jason are fighting each other with Annabeth and Piper setting up a betting booth on who will win. Even Nico is there and he wears an amused smile. There is Will Solace and a couple of his siblings ready for any injuries to patch up.

I smile at my busy friends and their marketing business and spot Travis. As I make my way to him, he spots me too and smiles. I smile back and when I reach him, he takes my hand and leads us to the far end of the building, away from the fight.

"Katie, darling," he says.

"Yes Travis, love?"I answer. This has become a game for us. The pet-names. It's stupid but he's winning.

"Are you ready to get you ready to get your butt whooped?" He mulls.

"You should be asking yourself that question, not me." I smirk.

"You sure, Gardner?"

"Positive."

"Let's make a bet. I heard that Myra and Jake are having a party."

"I don't want to go." I stop him.

"Exactly. If I win, we go. If you win, we don't."

I think this over as I slip off the sweater. The same one he let me borrow. I won't admit it but it is really comforting to wear. Something that's us. Even if there isn't a real us.

"Deal."

We shake hands and get ready to fight.

He lets go of my hand, steps onto the mat and then puts his hands to fists, holding them up in a fighting stance. I face him and put my hands up. He nods to check if I'm ready and I nod back.

Travis makes fake punches a couple of times and I flinch. As he fakes again I give a right roundhouse kick it his stomach that he blocks and tries to backhand the side of my head.

I barely duck out of the way in time and his hand brushes my hair. I get up and shoot a quick punch to his wind pipe and catch him.

He stumbles back for a moment but quickly conceals it as he tries to kick me.