Alpha

The alpha of the pack charged at the female wolf.
"Søullight, this is the last time!"
He shot at her neck, badly injuring her.
She yelped in pain.
"I'm sorry! Just let this one pup stay! She was on the verge of dying!" She nudged me forward.
He agreed, not jubliant about the choice.
She submissively bowed down.
"Thank you Alpha."
The alpha trotted away, and started scolding a wolf for something.
"I'm Søulight."
"I..."
"What?" Søulight asked.
"I don't have a name." I choked on my own words.
"Well you need one."
"How do you get a name?"
"Its all in the howl."
"It can't be." I said, angrily. "I can't even howl right."
Its all withing the wolf. Come on, little one. I'll show you around.
I was full grown, but I still look like a pup. Because I'm smaller than a wolf, the dog part in me makes it easy to mistake me for a wolf pup.
She showed me where the dens were and the woods they hunt in. Søullight seemed proud. Then she took me at the edge of the cliff.
"This is when we howl to the spirit of the moon. This is how you get your name. Stand on the edge, and really become the earth. Feel the cold soft dirt in between your paws, and let out your howl. It'll come naturally. Just let it flow. Then the spirit moon will guide you to your name."
Let it flow. Be the earth. Howl to the spirit of the moon.
With one big deep breath in, I blew all I could.
I was howling, and I felt the adrenaline rush. For once, I was actually howling. I was actually going to be known for something. I'm much more than what I am. I am a wolf. A howling, half wolf.