Dreams of You

Christine

I woke up to the loud noise of my alarm clock. Today was the most dreaded day of my life, first day of 9th grade. I pulled the pillow to my face and closed my eyes tightly. Last night I had dreamed.

About the boy.

But this time we were sitting under a tree, holding hands. We were no longer strangers who's eyes had met from across the street, no. We were togeather. Our spirits seemed to be entertwined in the most beautiful way. 

Then I woke up.

Reality was crashing in on me. Dream land seemed to be a whole other universe. No longer a place so familiar and present. I sat up reluctantly and turned off the alarm. Leaving me alone in my silence. I stood up and walked to the bathroom. 

I turned on the lights.

They were blinding, yet so familiar. They almost seemed to tell me that everything was okay. Because in when in complete darkness, there is always a light to guide us.

Damion

I woke up that morning to the sound of my little sister's light snoring. She slept in my arms to peacefully. The world almost seemed serene. 

Almost hopefull.

How could she be so happy? With her cancer, and mom always high on whatever she's on, things all seemed so completely hopeless. Katrina was diagnosed with lung cancer six months ago. With mom always smoking weed around us, it was no question how. But why?

But why not me?

I desserved it more that she does. Katrina was so optimistic, letting me know everything was okay. ThoughtKat's only six, she's my hero. Her streagth and willingness always saving me. Time after time.

If only I could do the same for her.

One day, I'll be her hero. When she needs me, I'll be there to save her. She's only expected to live for two more months, her condidtion worsening. I wish I could make it better.

I dreamed last night. About that girl. About Music.

She was saving me, she was guiding me to a light too bright for words. Her face was so beautiful, so reasuring. She led me to that light at the end of the darkness. She was calling me home.