Chapter 4

The next morning, I made sure to wake up earlier than my mother so that I could make breakfast for her and my aunt.  Rolling out of bed, I rubbed my eyes a little bit before showering and throwing on a quick outfit before going downstairs. Once I was close to finishing, I heard footsteps coming into the kitchen and I turned around to see my mother. 

"Good Morning mom" I said with a smile 

"Good morning" she smiled back as she placed a kiss on my cheek. "Is someone trying to rush my decision?" My mom said coming

"Maybe just a little bit" I laughed as I gave her a plate of eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon and a muffin. I was about to share out my plate until I heard the doorbell ring. I dusted off my hands before walking toward the front of the house and letting my Aunt inside. 

"Good morning" I said as I opened the door to find her smiling brightly. I pulled her in for a hug and she gave me a tight squeeze before letting me go and looking at me 

"Good Morning sunshine. I swear you get more and more beautiful every time I see you" she said causing me to blush 

"Thank you Aunti" 

"You're welcome sweetie. Now come on, let's go talk to that stubborn mother of yours" she said causing me to giggle as she stepped into the house and I closed the door behind her before following her to the kitchen 

"Hi Nicki" my mom said once she saw my Aunt enter the kitchen. She got up and pulled my aunt into a hug, placing a kiss on her cheek before taking a seat again. I went over to the stove and shared out a plate for my aunt, before sharing out mine and joining them at the table. We quickly said grace, before diving into the food and some good conversation. After about 20 minutes, I decided to leave and go to the mall so that my aunt could have some time to talk to my mom. 

"Mom, I'll see you later. I'm about to go to the mall for a little bit." I said getting up from the table and taking their dishes to the sink 

"Alright sweetie. Be careful. Oh, and can you do me a favor? Can you pick up that perfume that you got me for mother's day last year? I'm out." 

"No problem. Love you" I said before placing a kiss on both her and Aunti Nicki's cheek. I left the kitchen and went upstairs to my room to grab my phone and purse. Once I came back down, I walked past the kitchen and hear my mom and Aunt talking. 

"Tiff, why won't you let the girl go to LA?" my aunt Nick asked

"Because I'm afraid."

"Afraid of what?"

"I'm afraid of her getting her dreams shattered. I don't want her to end up like her father. He chased after the music so much , it ruined him. I see so much of him in her, it scares me." she said starting to cry "It ripped this family apart and I don't want to relive that" 

"Tiffany, the only way you'll relive that is if you keep pushing that girl away. She's smart, talented and she knows where she wants to go. And you know she has a back up plan if it doesn't work out, but she's full of fire Tiff and everything's going to be alright. For both your sake and hers. Let that girl go to LA" My aunt said taking a seat at the island next to my mom.

I didn't want to continue eavesdropping, so I decided to leave and sent Monroe a quick text letting her know I was coming to pick her up.

"What's up girl?" She said as she got in my car

"Hey" I said quietly

"What's wrong?" She asked sounding concerned 

"Nothing" I said shaking my head

"Jordan, you know I know you better than that. What's wrong?"

I sighed. "I heard my mom and my aunt talking about me going to LA. My mom's afraid of me going because she doesn't want this to ruin me if it doesn't work out. She said she doesn't want me to end up like my dad." I said putting the car into gear and leaving her house.

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

"She always told me my dad wanted to be a musician. I guess he wanted it so bad it tore our family apart. She made it seem like he basically dies trying." I said glancing over at her

"Jojo, it's okay. You know you won't fail. We just got an amazing opportunity, and I know your mom's sensitive about this but she's crazy if she doesn't let you take this chance. You're a great dancer and God forbid, this doesn't work out that well, I'm sure you'll make it happen another way." 

"Aww Mo, you love me." I said smiling at her

"Of course I do" she laughed  "I'm also not going to LA without you, so think positively about the situation, but put it in the back of your mind and drive to the mall so I can shop." she said making me laugh, while she turned the knob on the radio to increase the volume and we sang along to Bryson Tiller as we made our way to the mall