Bus Fare

s/o to @janehaywardzfor the idea, hope you enjoy!! it's very short, but i think i might write another version. 

_______________________________

JUSTIN

She was the main reason I went to school. She was everything and then some. 

She was so smart. All AP classes, and honor roll only. She tutored on the weekends. She tutored my younger brother in math and he had improved in just one session. She stayed out of trouble and drama, even though she was friends with practically everyone. Everyone loved her and, she loved everyone. She was the sweetest. Always kind and smiling. Giving out hugs and advice when needed. 

And don't get me started on her looks. Beautiful, soft, brown skin. She had this constant, radiant glow I'd never seen before I saw her. Deep, crater like dimples dented her cheeks, that paired with an astonishing smile. Her hair was insane, intriguing, messy curls I just wanted to bury my fingers in. Her style was great, and she could pull off anything. She could make a trash bag look like Versace.  

She made me all gushy inside. And she'd never spoken a word to me. Funny how the heart works, huh. So when I spoke to her that day, I shocked myself. Maybe that's I remember it so clearly.

She was late. She was running to the bus. She utilized her sprinting abilities. She boarded out of breath, searching through her bag quickly. She rummaged violently, pushing things around roughly. The bus driver tapped her thumb against the steering wheel, obviously annoyed. I watched her. Even stressed she looked beautiful. Dozens of curls sprung from her bun. She sighed and muttered what I think were some swear words. 

"I must've left my pass in my locker," she sighed in defeat. 

"I can't let you on without one," the driver said. She lowered her head and turned to leave the bus. 

I couldn't tell you what got into me but before I could rethink it I was up calling for her.

"Hey! Hey, I got it," I called, pulling some crumpled bills out of my pocket. She turned around, surprised. 

"Really," she chirped, relief obvious in her face. I nodded, putting the bills into the machine. The driver rolled his eyes and printed her a pass. She followed me to me seat and sat next to me, sighing loudly. 

"Thank you so much," she ranted. "I can give you the money back tomorrow."

"No," I stopped her. "I don't want your money. I have money. Not to brag," I stuttered. 

"Well," she started. "How can I repay you? I can't just leave you hanging. You just made a terrible morning so, so much better." I was a little shocked she was having a bad morning. She smiles so much, you could never imagine her sad. 

"A date," I replied simply.

"A date?" she reassured. 

"A date," I confirmed. 

"I don't even know your name," she giggled. 

"Justin. Justin Drew Bieber."

She smiled and looked me up and down. 

"Alright, Justin Drew," she joked, "I'll go on a date with you."

I smiled widely.

"And, by the way, I'm (Y/N). (Y/F/N)."