ACT I: The Beginning

Chapter 2: Making New Friends

Two weeks had passed since Natsu came back to the land of the living. Zeref was surprised at Natsu's personality. Zeref had thought that Natsu would have become different in personality after being revived, but it turned out he acted the same way.

Natsu is a mischievous child, liking to pull pranks on the other Etherious and Zeref. Truthfully, Zeref was glade Natsu didn't change, even in death. He liked his baby brother the way he always was.

However Natsu was really troublesome. He refused to learn how to read and write. It was getting to the point Zeref was beginning to become irritated with him. So Zeref sought help from the one person he knew was good with teaching children...

°•°•°

October 21, X377—The Forest

"So, let me get this straight: you want me to teach Natsu how to read and write because you'll having trouble teaching him?" the great red dragon asks.

"Yes," Zeref sighed, looking like he wanted to kick the King of Fire Dragons. "I want you to teach him literature and magic! He has a mixture of both our magic and he doesn't know how to use yours."

"You know a great deal about magic Zeref," Igneel pointed out.

"They never taught Dragon Slayer magic at Milian!" Zeref snapped, his patience with the dragon running thin.

Igneel snorted smoke out of his nose in laughter, smacking his tail against the ground in a dragon's way of insane laughter.

"Alright, I'll do it," Igneel agreed, getting to his feet. "Where's the little brat?"

Zeref breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you. He's this way."

__________

Zeref and Igneel entered the underground room of the Milian Academy to see all of Zeref's demons standing around the room, watching Jackal run around the room in his Etherious form with Natsu on his back.

"Gidee-up, horsey!" Natsu exclaimed, kicking Jackal's sides to coax him to go faster. Jackal instantly sped up, running around in circles like a horse.

"How did Natsu convince Jackal to let him ride him?" Zeref asked no one in particular.

"Jackal refused the young master but Seilah used her Curse on him to do what the young master wanted," Mard Geer explained.

"That explains it," Zeref sighed. "Natsu!"

Natsu looked over at Zeref and jumped off Jackal's back. Natsu ran over to Zeref, looking pleased with himself.

"What is it Zewef-Nii?" Natsu asked.

"This is Igneel," Zeref says, indicating the giant reptile. "He's going to be your teacher."

"What's he goi to tweach me?" Natsu asked, looking up at Igneel with wide, joyful eyes.

"Literature; I'm going to teach you how to read and write," Igneel explained. Natsu groaned in annoyance. "And I'm going to teach you magic."

Natsu perked up at the sound of being taught magic.

"When are you going to teach me magic Igweel?" Natsu asked enthusiastically.

"After you memorise the English alphabet," Igneel revealed. Natsu's mouth dropped in shock before he started protesting. Igneel wasn't going to have that. "You know Natsu, literature is the most important thing in learning magic."