Wild's Heart (Complete)

Wild Kennon - Celtic witch, understands and heals animals, and has seers dreams

Silas Victor - Turned into a vampire in 1810, Orphaned in England at birth of 1778

Fire - Chihuahua, Wild’s canine companion

Scruff - Sheppard mutt mix, Wild's canine companion

Eagle Feather - Pamaque Clan's medicine woman, helped teach Wild about her gift

Deke - sired Silas

Cierra - Deke's mate

Dale - son of the shaman for the Aleut clan, closest natives by Silas' cabin

Chapter 1

Wild woke from her dream in a cold sweat. Scruff, who has been her companion for five years, looked worriedly at her. "It's fine. Bad dream." With a sigh, Wild reached to her night stand and drank water from the glass she placed there before going to bed earlier. The clock on the table read 5:33 A. M. She laid back down. Sleep, she knew, was stolen from her this night. It was a warning. She dreamed about Eagle Feather; she was trying to warn Wild about something. Wild had to stamp down the fear so she could think about what the dream had meant.

Wild got out of bed feeling anxious, something was going to happen. She walked outside and saw Eagle Feather walking her way. Now she will find out what was wrong. The older woman embraced Wild when she arrived at her cottage. "My dear, there is terrible news, the bank has finally shut down, we are going to my cousin’s ranch in Nevada. The boys have agreed to help you pack up some things but you must leave now." Tears filled Eagle Feather's eyes. She had never had any children and considered Wild a daughter. Wild hugged the shorter woman. She was forced to move out of her home. Wild did not know what she would do. Eagle Feather pulled away from her hug and handed her a pouch. “I wish we had more time but they waited until today to tell us. The trucks and bulldozers will be here in the morning.”

"I gathered my best medicines. Ah... here comes White Rock and Red Bear to help." Wild turned around and saw Eagle Feather’s two grandsons walking toward them. Wild had become close to some of the Pamaque people as she was growing up. She was going to miss her second family.

Wild showed the men where her special items where, already in crates and hiding in the barn. She then went and gathered what she could from the cottage. By the time Wild started taking crates outside, the men had already loaded her truck with the things from the barn. Wild noticed Fire hiding under the back tire watching the young men walking back and forth.

Wild then acknowledged that they only allowed her to stay here. This home was not even hers. Her grams sold half of their land when her father died. When her grams died, she had to sell almost everything else to pay the hospital bills. The only thing that was her was all in the truck. Now, the land was not even theirs. After the back of her truck was loaded with everything, Red Bear opened the door to the cab. Fire and Scruff jumped in first. Wild smiled at them. White Rock handed Wild a few extra boxes. “I hope you have a safe journey.” Wild hugged him and Red Bear. When she turned to Eagle Feather, Wild had to wipe away her tears.

Eagle Feather smiled at Wild. “Do not worry, you will have a home at the end of your journey. Here, I want you to be safe. Remember, trust your instincts.” They hugged then Wild got into her truck. Eagle Feather watched Wild’s truck drive away. She was sad that she had to do this to Wild but something must be done and Wild was ignoring the signs that everyone else could see. Eagle Feather wondered at times if Wild could even see them. She sighed, Wild had to go and find her full potential so she could fulfill her destiny.

Wild looked up at the stars as the clouds moved east. The moon was only a sliver in the sky and she knew that soon there would be no moon, making it darker beyond the headlights.