16. Three simple words

Dedicated to @itskrissy, thanks for being an awesome friend :3

Hey guys! I need to say something important before we start. So school starts again (sadly) next week for me, and this story is slowly coming to an ending too. I don't know, we have like maybe three chapters left. I won't be able to update as much, but I'll try my best. I'm going to be kinda busy. I have like four dance classes, one guitar, one piano and one vocal class every week.

Thank you for all the love you have given me on this story! I can never thank you enough.

Here's the next chapter. It's a little shorter, because I'm saving the drama for the next chapter. Enjoy! :)

---------------------------------------

Justin's POV

I paced around the room, switching from taking glances at the clock, to the door. I was very worried. Aubrey didn't come home last night. I stayed up all night waiting for her. I would have went out looking for her, but then I had to lock the door and she didn't bring the key with her. I looked at the clock that said 10 AM, furrowing my eyebrows. Where the hell was she? She said she needed some fresh air.

I got more and more worried, the more I though of it. Anything could have happened to her. She could have been kidnapped, eaten by an animal, fallen into a hole on the ground, anything.

I glanced at the clock again. 10.05 AM. That's it, I'm going to the counselors. Then suddenly the door went up, making me snap my head towards it.

My heart sunk in my chest at the sight in front of me.

"A-Aubrey?" I asked, almost not believing that it was her.

She was almost not recognisable. Her clothes had dirt on, ripped some places. Her hair was a mess, tangled and sticking out. Her beautiful face looked beaten, her lip and her right eye swollen. She had scratch marks all over her body.

"Justin," she managed to croak out. Without a second though I hurried over to her, just in time . Her body collapsed, and she sobbed into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her small frame, keeping her up.

"Shh," I comforted, carrying her gently to the bed. I sat down, placing her on my lap. Her face was still hidden in my chest, as she continued to sob.

"Shh, don't cry please. Everything's gonna be alright," I cooed softly. I cradled her like a baby, placing her head in the crock of my neck. I kissed her forehead, trying to get some leaves out of her hair as I did.

After a minute or so, her sobing started to stop. She looked up at me for the first time since she got back, taking some shaking breaths.

"What happened?" I asked quietly, not wanting to scare her. I let my thumb brush gently against her swollen lip, watching as she slightly winced.

She closed her eyes, swallowing. "It was her," she whispered, her voice cracking at the end. "Skylar. She was the one sending the messages."

"Messages?" I repeated emotionless.

"You know, the threats. The message I showed you. The person kept sending them, so I replied, asking who it was. I went to meet the person by the lake last night, and it was Skylar," she explained, her eyes starting to water.

My body froze, and I held her tighter.

"She started to call me names, and I got angry. I kinda slapped her. And then we started fighting, like really fighting. I passes out. Sorry for making you worried," she apologized, as if it was her fault.

Skylar, that girl had nerves. She hurt my Aubrey. I felt my anger build up inside me, and clenched my fists. She wasn't going to get away with this.