Twelve

A/N: Please don't forget to comment and vote. :)

-

It's currently 4 in the morning and I've been trying to catch up on schoolwork ever since Niall and I got home. I refused to go to dinner with him but thankfully Niall was kind enough to bring back something for me to eat. I did leave my room once to go to the cute little coffee shop right before closing time to get one of those extra large coffee's to help me get through the night. I can't believe how far behind I've fallen and if I want to go out with my friends on Friday I will need to work into the dead of night to catch up. So here I am trying to write a paper on the 16th Century British Literature. It's going pretty well but I do start to feel a bit tired.

I look over at Niall who's comfortably sleeping in his bed. Only 3000 more words and I can crawl into bed to get a few hours of sleep before my alarm goes off at 8 o'clock. I might have thought I would finish the paper sooner because when I type the last few words and look over at my alarm clock it's already 7 o'clock. I groan and rub my eyes. A nice shower will surely wake me up enough to get through the day or well a nice shower accompanied by lots of coffee and sugar that is.

I grab everything I need and make my way to the shower. By the time, I start drying my hair a few people enter the bathroom. Most students won't wake up before 7 o'clock and I was glad to have the bathroom all to myself, I still am not used to this co-ed bathroom type of thing. Before walking back to the dorm I give myself a once over in the mirror and decide I look good enough for a full day of lectures and classes. I picked out black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and a denim shirt that I left unbuttoned. I make a mental note to grab a hoodie or jacket before leaving for class.

Niall is already up and standing by his dresser when I return. "Morning Niall," I say as I walk in our room. "Good morning Lou!" he chants. "Did you finish the paper?" "Yes but there's still a lot of studying left." I yawn and I take the items I need for my lecture and place them in my bag. I nearly forget my beanie and hoodie but as I walk out of my dorm I quickly snatch them off of the hanger and put them on. I put my earplugs in and set my Spotify playlist on shuffle as I walk over to the coffee shop and order a large coffee and a muffin. I'm not in the mood to sit down and eat the muffin in peace so I just take it on the go as I slowly walk over to my first lecture.

The girl walking in front of me holds the door to the lecture hall open for me and I speed up a little, not wanting her to have to wait for me. I mouth a thank you as I walk through the door. There are only about a hand full of kids here and I decide to sit somewhere in the middle. I wait for Ellie and Harry to show up but once there's only a minute or two to spare until the lecture begins I see neither of them. The professor enters and greets us all. There is slim to no response but he doesn't seem to care. He places the items he's carrying on his desk and he walks back to the door to close it. Right at that moment, Harry slips into the room. He's casually dressed in black skinny jeans and a light grey knitted sweater. "Good morning." He smiles as he takes the seat next to me. "Morning Harry."

Once the door is closed students aren't allowed to enter the classroom anymore, this to minimize the distraction. Since Ellie still isn't here I send her a text asking where she is. There's no time to talk to Harry because the professor immediately starts talking. I do my best to concentrate but the lack of sleep and the distraction in the seat next to me named Harry are making it very difficult for me. I take a few notes here and there but by the time the lecture is over I notice that the paper is filled with doodles and scribbles and maybe two lines of actual notes.

"Want to grab some food?" Harry asks as he collects his stuff and stands up from his chair. "Sure, why not," I respond. I try to stuff my books, notebook, and pencils back into my bag but one of the books falls on the floor. "It fit this morning so why won't it fit now?" I mumble to myself. I empty my bag and see my hoodie at the bottom, so that was the reason. I crouch down to get the book when Harry already has it in his hands. "Here" he extends his arm and I take the book. "Thanks" I smile. After packing up my school supplies I put on my hoodie and we make our way outside. The wind is sharp, cold and feels like a slap in the face. I shiver a little, already regretting not wearing my winter coat. "What would you like to eat?" Harry asks as we make our way around campus. "'m not f-fussy." I shiver. "I would lend you my coat if I was wearing one," Harry says sweetly. We walk into the first place we lay our eyes on that serves food and get in line. Harry stands behind me and he starts rubbing his hands up and down my upper arms trying to warm me up. The gesture makes me a little flustered. I have such a hard time reading this boy, one day we're getting along so well, the next he's avoiding me and now he's trying to warm me up.