Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"In order to further the growth of the Yotsuba group and best search the financial interests who should we kill next?" everyone gives sounds of surprise as I silently walk further into the room.

"You see, it's just like I told you last week!" Matsuda says happily causing me to smile. At least he was no longer in his slump.

"This is not good at this rate." Ryuzaki mumbles.

"But before we get to that there are several topics that we need to discuss. First there is the issue of Hatori's death." The bald Takashi Ooi says.

"That was unavoidable." Namikawa speaks up. "To be honest in a certain sense I'm relieved that Hatori's dead. Kira has demonstrated that we must be committed to these meetings. We now know what will happen if we try to leave."

"I.. think we all understand what Hatori's death means for the rest of us. Let's not take it lightly.. Now moving on. Our next topic is Eraldo Coil's report."

"One of their members just died and that's all their going to say?" Mr. Yagami says.

"So did we really pay five million dollars for this report?" Higuchi says. "I mean come on look at this! He hasn't found out anything important about L like his name or his face! Is this coil guy seriously going to be really of any use to us?"

"Hold on a second, there is something very interesting in the last part of this report, Coil is warning us that we cant afford to take L's existence too lightly. In particular it says the concentration of killings that are beneficial to yotsuba will most likely be noticed by L if they continue on Fridays and Saturdays." Ooi reads off.

"Sounds like this Eraldo Coil has figured out what we've been up to. I admit it's quite impressive. At any rate I personally believe we should stop killing every weekend."

"This is unbelievable It's like they are trying to confess to everything." Matsuda points out.

"Hmm. As long as we have this video as evidence we could probably arrest all seven of them."

"Kira hasn't been flexible up until now. Has he? It would be nice if he could spread out his killings over the whole week." I roll my eyes at higuchi's comment. Yea.. He sure doesn't make it obvious that he's the one with the note book.

"The fact that Coil noticed what we've been up to makes it too dangerous to continue killing at our usual pace. From now on we have to be even more careful and make sure that nobody else happens to notice a trend in these deaths."

"Now on to the main topic. Who should we kill?" everyone makes sounds of exasperated anticipation or regret.

"I think we should focus on ELF insurance if they expand into the Japanese market Yotsuba and many other companies will loose valuable clients to them."

"Agreed"

"Alright, any objections to killing these people from ELF with accidental deaths?" Ooi asks.

"No objections" all of them except for Ooi says in unison.

"Is this for real?" Light asks. "How can they do this so easily?" his acting of playing innocent is really quiet miraculous at times. I take note of how even I would be fooled, everything down to even the pitch of his voice is absolutely flawless.

"Another potential candidate is Santorou Zenzai member of the Kugisawa group he's been protesting Yotsuba's resort development plans. Zenzai is known to have high blood pressure so we can designate a time for him to suffer a stroke or a natural death. Any objections?" Ooi proposes.