Part 2: Patience

Avner POV

I felt us land, the shuttle rocking slightly as the landing gear adjusted to the terrain. Ahsoka jumped to her feet and sprinted to the ramp, I sighed, Getting up from my meditation I followed quietly, despite my armor.

"Slow down, your impatience won't make time go faster." I grumbled under my breath before I stood at her side. I watched as the ramp lowered and a few troopers filed out, carrying supplies. I moved to the end of the ramp and looked around. The crystalline buildings towered over me, I looked over the square that we had landed in, and I could tell that this planet must have been quite stunning before the war tore it apart. It reminded me of Malacor, it was utterly destroyed, nothing but fragments of rock orbiting a slightly bigger hunk of rock. Master Revan directed me there to learn the dark aspects of the force, as it was strong in that side. Ahsoka bowed to a pair of men, one of which I recognized as Anakin Skywalker, The other I assumed was Master Kenobi. I walked up to them, my hand instinctively straying to my lightsaber due to nerves.

"Master Kenobi." I said, nodding to the older Jedi. A clone with orange accents painted on his armor raised a blaster towards me, I ignored him and waited for Kenobi's response. He didn't acknowledge me until Ahsoka had left with Skywalker to check up with another clone at the lookout post.

"So your're the one the council told me about." He said, turning to the clone, a smile under his mustache. With a quick nod the clone lowered his weapon and went to look over the heavy cannons set up a few hundred meters from us.

"Avner. I hail from what's left of Clan Ordo." I held out my hand, which Kenobi reluctantly shook. "We had a bit of a dissagreement with Duchess Satine. Don't think I've been to Mandolore, I don't even remember Dxun, and I lived there until I was three." I added with a bit of a smile on my own face, not that he would see it due to my helmet.
My smile was quickly turned into a frown, as I noticed an energy shield expanding in the distance. Master Kenobi literally dragged me to a small holotable, currently displaying the battlefield. I examined the situation, the only heavy support they had were long-range cannons, and with the mass of tanks and droids marching on our position, it would be nearly impossible to gain a victory.
"I suppose we could lure them into the buildings, that might even the field a bit." Kenobi stated, I shook my head
"That might work for the infantry, but the tanks will most likely just keep going till they blow the cannons away." I replied, "Our best bet is to lower the shield."
Anakin volunteered, and Kenobi suggested he take Asohka with him. He then turned to me, a slight frown on his face.
"Let me make this clear, you will follow my lead, no matter what."
"Hey, you're the General, I'll respect your decisions." I replied, pulling one of my blaster pistols and spinning it around my finger. "I'm merely here to earn  'honor and glory for Clan Ordo'." I said, the last bit sounding more than a little rehearsed, and I couldn't help but chuckle after.

Only moments later, I found myself kneeling on the roof of one of the towers and peering at the column of tanks and droids  through the scope of an E-11 long range blaster rifle. I preferred my DC-35, a more up to date version of the DC-10 Starforged Sniper Rifle that I had received when I had traveled to the Foundry in the Nanth'ri System, along with a set of starforged mandolorian armor, and several components of my lightsaber.

"This wasn't exactly what I meant." I grumbled over the comm in my helmet. I glanced over the rangefinder on my hud. 3210 meters and closing, I panned the scope further back into the droid's line. "Their general is seven ranks back, you guys are going to have your hands full breaking through those tanks. "

"I'll handle the General, stay out of it until the shield is down." Kenobi said calmly. Sure, sure I thought honestly, I've seen more action in a cantina on those aristocratic planets. I looked at the line of tanks again, they were having trouble with the buildings, when they weren't blasting the doors, walls around them, and whatever else was mildly inconvenient. Kenobi had gotten the enemy to get out of his tank and was currently talking with him. I rolled my eyes, this was getting really annoying. I glanced up and to my relief, the generator was now a smoking pile of rubble. Note to self, I thought happily, stow away with Skywalker.

I aimed up a shot at one of the super battle droids in the plaza, looked over to the clone who was tapping on my shoulder, and pulled the trigger, the trooper seemed to process what just happened. I stood up and handed him the rifle. 

"Can I help you?" I asked, crossing my arms. 

"Captain Rex wanted to talk to you..." he started, but he trailed off, probably looking for the word to address me. "Sir?" he finished, tilting his head to show his confusion.

"Alright," I said, "I'm not you commander, you can drop the sir with me." I added, I looked around for a bit, "So where is he?" I asked, the clone pointed down near the line of cannons. "Thanks." I said, before jumping off the skyscraper and igniting my propulsion pack, it only had about a minutes worth of fuel, but that was more than enough to let me down safely to the ground. Rex, conveniently enough, was actually standing at the bottom of the tower.

"The elevator too slow?" he asked, a joking smile on his face. I chuckled, guy didn't say much, but he clearly wasn't as hostile as that other clone from earlier.

"So, no offence to Kenobi, but I don't think he's going to take advantage of my services."I said, looking at the enemy general walk past in restrainers and accompanied by several troopers. "I'll be around." I lifted my wrist and used the beacon I had installed to signal my ship,which had discreetly followed the cruiser I had taken here, to pick me up. I sat down on a bit of rubble to wait, just as Master Yoda hobbled over to me. "Not to complain, but as much as I want to help, I'm not going to be able to tolerate another Jedi that doesn't particularly care for me." I remarked, taking off my helmet.

"Worry not I would." The small master replied, nodding, and giving a chuckle. "another assignment you have." 

"How can I help?" I grumbled, crossing my arms. Yoda smiled, holding out a holocommunicator. a small figure flashed into existence just above it, a human female in her late twenties if I was guessing right, but considering the decorative dress, that might very well be the result of cosmetics. I nodded an acknowledgement, however, the woman looked rather angry.

"Master Yoda, I requested help from a Jedi, not a bounty hunter." she said, a hiss in her voice.

"All due respect, ma'm." I spoke up. "I can handle anything just as well as any jedi." I said, waving my hand. The woman sighed, a hesitant look on her face. "And I think the fact that they came straight to me about this should be reassurance enough." 

"Very well," she sighed, "I have information that is important for the war effort." I raised my eyebrow, there had to be a catch. "However, it was stolen from me." She said.

"Alright, where am I starting?"