Matt Meets Mello

Title: Matt Meets Mello

Disclaimer: I don’t own Death Note, if I did Matt and Mello would be cannon xD

Authors Note: I simply felt like writing a little one-shot about Matt and Mello’s first meeting

World: AU/Cannon you pick

Point of View: Third person

**** **** **** ****

It was a sunny afternoon, the mood was one of childish play and calmness. There were children playing chasey on the oval, foursquare on the paved section of the yard to the pre-teens sitting around talking. But that was the outside world. On the inside there was a sad little boy in his bedroom unpacking his things as he tried his hardest not to cry.

As the small blonde boy looked out the window, he silently cursed all the other orphans and how they could be so happy. Why should they be happy whenMiha- Mello couldn’t even remember the feeling?!

The boy frowned, his mood quickly changing from very upset to very angry. In a fit he started throwing his belongings around the room, not caring that he was supposed to be sharing a room with another boy around his age. Why should he care? Mello bet that the other boy was just as happy as the rest of the idiots here.

Once he had run out of things to throw, the blonde collapsed in a heap on the floor and started crying. He couldn’t keep it in anymore, he had to cry. No matter how hard he tried to keep the cool façade up he’d had before the accident, he just couldn’t. ‘How could anyone recover from something like this?’ He thought to himself, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand even though it did nothing to stop the flow of tears down his cheeks.

Mello wasn’t sure how long he’d stayed curled up in a ball crying before he fell asleep. The only thing he knew was that he woke up to the sound of Super Mario Bros, what used to be his and his older sister’s favourite games – even though he always got stuck playing as Luigi. Now he had no idea where his sister was, or if she was even okay.

Sniffling slightly, Mello slowly uncurled himself and sat up, not bothering to stretch. It was only then the other boy in the room paused his game and turned to look at the blonde. The two children looked at each other, the redhead in fascination at his new blonde roommate and the long haired boy at the other goggled boy in confusion. This boy looked neither happy or sad, in fact Mello couldn’t read him.

The redhead suddenly smiled and healed out his hand, causing Mello to jump. “Hi, I’m Matt.” Was all he said.