I actually do - Chapter 15

The next day at school.

The school day went as normal. He wasn't here. I didn't want him here. I don't miss him.

"Hello? Earth to Emi?", Kate startled me.

"Huh?... Oh, sorry, hi Kate."

"Hey, you okay? You've been dosing off all morning and you look kinda pale. Wanna go to the nurse to rest?"

"Ah, no, I'm fine... just tired, you know."

She pouted, still looking concerned, "Well, if you say so then I guess it's fine..." It didn't take long for Mindy to bust her way in cheerfully, and strangely, with Eric acting all cool following behind her.

"HEEYYYYYYYYYY GUYYYSSSSSS!!!!"

"'Sup."

Mindy, unaffected by the gloomy atmosphere, smiled brightly. "What's wrong Emi? Ya look you've seen a ghost!"

"Mmmm..." I stay silence for a moment, then mummer quietly, "...maybe... I did..." I thought about how Vincent just comes and goes.

"WHEREEEEE?!?!?", Mindy took my sarcasm literally. We all chuckle and Eric just smiles. It's nice to have a friend like her who can take all the heavy stuff lightly. 

I start to feel better, "Hey I forgot to ask but what are you doing here Eric?

"OH THAT'S CUZ-"

"Is my presence a problem?",  he quickly interrupted Mindy.

"Nah it's cuz-"

He looks at Mindy slightly angered, you can tell it's a forced smile. "They don't need to know, right Mindy?" A threating aura comes out of him.

Mindy completely ignored his desperate attempts to keep her quiet and blurted out what she was trying to say. "Cuz I beat him in arm wrestling so I made him promise to go around the school with me and admit defeat!", she smiled innocently, meanwhile Eric looked extremely pissed off.

He twisted his fists on Mindy's head with anger. "Not everyone needs to know, okay?" His cool guy character vanished.

All of us couldn't help but laugh while Eric just continued to be embarrassed and bully Mindy. Even so, she also laughed. He wasn't actually seriously hurting her.

School seemed to be perfectly normal now, but still I wasn't back to normal. I was still angry at Vincent. Angry... I questioned if I was angry. I wasn't filled with rage or anything. I do know that I'm upset with him. But what kind of upset. After I got home, all I did after I finished all y schoolwork was question my own feelings. Yesterday... what was yesterday? He came out of nowhere and repeatedly apologized. He said he was trying to capture me. If he wanted to capture me he could've just knocked me out cold and dragged me wherever he wanted.

I fumbled around in my bed. If it wasn't what he  wanted to do... then maybe orders from someone else? Who would... want to capture me?... The only thing I have is my divine power and the portal to mom's land. Well yea that's actually pretty valuable... You could do a whole bunch with all the power of mom's land. It's her birthplace and death place after all. But everyone knows that my dad guards it so even if they got me, after taking my power there's no way they can get past dad...

I cover my face with my pillow. "ugh... I've done enough thinking already..." I get up and head to the bathroom to wash my face so I could cool down. I look at the clock in the hallway as I go back to my room. "8:56pm... kinda early but late enough to start sleeping." I closed my eyes and went towards my bed. I grabbed the sheets but there was something heavy on top of them. Too sleepy to think about it I just melt into my bed.

"You're kinda defenseless, you know?"

A familiar voice.

"At least panic or something instead of cuddling up with me."

A voice I recognize.

"Thanks for the offer but... I kinda have to make you my enemy.."

The voice is shaking. I look at Vincent. 

A shadow attacks aiming for my neck. I quickly dodge and jump off my bed.

"Heh, I sometimes forget you were trained to fight too," he gently grabs my chin, his eyes are filled with grief, "...you know... I... really am... sorry..." He quickly strangles my throat before I could even react.

"..sh..it...", I choke out the word. How could I let him get so close to me without being on guard?! I partially turn my upper half into a mist and slip out his grasp. He turns a shadow into a hand to catch me but I completely turn into a mist and slip out to hide. 'Why do I have to hide in my own home?!', I thought.

"Why hide? I can easily find you in that form, Emelia. You smell like a field of grass covered in a fresh morning dew. It's a beautiful scent."

He was directly in the wall behind me. I could feel his gaze piercing through. I should be panicking, yet why do I feel calm? He's here. I want him here. I missed him.

AN-ignore if chu feel like it~

I FORGOT WHAT WAS THAT OTHER WORD FOR A SUDDEN REALIZATION LIKE WTH IT WAS ON A LITERARY TERMS QUIZ AND I GOT IT RIGHT, AM I EVEN LEARNING?!?!?! (Future Nathaly:I REMEMBERED THE NEXT DAY, IT WAS EPHIPHANY!!!((idk if I spelled it right))) Btw I upload these without editing, there may be some mistakes, plz tell me if you find any so I could fix them~

and btw 'Control' by Halsey started playing AND I'M JAMMING CUZ IT REMINDS ME OF UNDERTALE! FHFHDBFHDB, DOES IT NOT SPEAK OF THY RELATIONSHIP OF FRISK AND CHARA AFTER A GENOCIDE RUN CUZ LIKE YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO KILL SANS CUZ SHE'S LIKE CONTROLLING FRISK AND LIKE THAT PART WHEN THE SONG GOES 'AND THE KIDS CRIED OUT, PLZ STOP YOUR SCARING ME, I CAN'T TAKE THIS AWEFUL ENERGY' IT REMINDS ME OF THE VIDEO TAPES YOU SEE IN THE TRUE PACIFIST ROUTE IN THE TRUE LAB WHEN CHARA MAKES A CREEPY FACE AND DOESN'T DO IT AGAIN LIKE IDK I'M JUST SAYING RANDOM STUFF AT THIS POINT SO THAT'S WHY SAID FEEL FREE TO SKIP CUZ I THINK I'M SCARING AWAY READERS, I'M SORRY. Okai i'm done ranting.