Chapter 1 - The Deputy's Son

"He looks just like his father." a gentle voice said rousing a small white kit with black spots covering most of his body."He's a little bit small though."
"There's nothing wrong with being small." another soft voice said somewhere nearby."Moonstar was his size when he was a kit."
"Yes but this isn't Moonstar's kit." the first voice meowed.
"What's his name?" the second voice asked making the white and black spotted kit's ear twitch when he heard pawsteps.
"I was thinking of Spottedkit." a third voice meowed beside the kit as he curled against what he had felt move when he heard the voice."But I'm not sure Ashpelt would like the name."
"Ashpelt has two other kits that he named who are now close to being warriors. You pick his name Nightpelt." the first voice said making who was next to the kit purr.
"When is he going to open his eyes?" an excited voice asked sounding more energetic than the others making the white and black spotted kit twitch.
"He will open them soon Lionkit." the first voice meowed.
'How many cats are here?' the kit being called Spottedkit thought as he tried to open his eyes.
"The sooner you open your eyes the sooner we can go outside and play Spottedkit!" another energetic voice meowed.
"Tigerkit just give him time." the first voice meowed.
'I wanna see everyone!' Spottedkit thought as he tried opening his eyes again only to get one open. Everything was blurry as he looked around trying to get his other eye to open.
"He opened his eyes!" the voice of Lionkit meowed.
"What happened to his other eye?" Tigerkit meowed loudly making Spottedkit nervous.
"Why can't I see Mama?" he asked looking at his mother.
"It's okay Spottedkit." the black she-cat beside him said as she began cleaning his fur."You're just special."
"Nightpelt you know how Ashpelt will react." the first voice said and Spottedkit turned to see a cream colored she-cat with tabby stripes. Beside her were two kits that Spottedkit guessed were Lionkit and Tigerkit since there were no other kits in the den but there was another she-cat who had silver fur that seems to glow in the little light there was in the den.
"If he doesn't accept Spottedkit then he doesn't accept me." Nightpelt said looking down at her only kit as he sat looking around with his only leaf green eye.