Chapter Eight

Red kissed me.
And I kissed him back, too.
It wasn't the first time that someone had kissed me but there's something very distinct about that kiss. Like the world stops that very moment for the briefest of times. Where I can only think about is the anticipation. The intensity. I know it wasn't right but it felt perfect.

I groan pulling myself up from bed. That happened a week ago and it's not normal to be dwelling on it. Matapos iyon ay sinadya kong iwasan si Red. I acted like it didn't happen but I know it did, I ran into my room like a thirteen year old finally getting her first kiss at prom date after it happened and I'm not proud of it. Kaya naman sa loob ng isang linggo ay siniguro kong hindi magtatagpo ang aming mga landas. The renovation of the distillery is almost done, at dahil doon ay mas na madalas si Red sa aming bahay. So, I always lock myself up in the library.

My relationship with Chase on the other hand is not going any less crazy. Noong nakaraan ay sinabihan ko siyang samahan na lamang akong lumuwas ng Manila para tagpuin si Safe because that's the most I could give him. Pero ayaw niya, he's really pushing the Vigan thing and so I went alone. I didn't expect him to be baby about it. I tried to make it up to him by sending him cookies that mom baked every morning. Also, I was feeling guilty for letting another man kiss me. I am still his girlfriend and Chase doesn't deserve that from me.

Wow. I have a clothing line to launch and is somewhat short of time, yet here I am worrying myself about two guys. That's great, Chi.

My phone started ringing, I reached for it from the bedside table. Camsy's name flashed on screen, I picked it up and I was greeted by her high pitch voice.

"Oh my, I miss you so much!"

I rolled my eyes. "If you quit following Zanti around Cambridge and haul your ass back in here you wouldn't miss me."

"Yeah," she agreed. "But I like missing you, so, no."

Muling napaikot ang aking mga mata. Camille is a hopeless case. I tried my very best as her friend to stop the madness, only she's unstoppable. She's been throwing herself to Zanti since the day she met him and was constantly claiming that she's a hundred percent sure they were soulmates. If I hadn't warned Zanti not to try anything unchivalrous to any of my friends-I have only two-or I'd rip his head off, she would've been one of the women he fucked and tossed after.

"Anyway, I'm just calling to tell you that I'm home and I was hoping we could have dinner tonight. I'll be flying back to The Bay State tomorrow."

"You don't quit, do you?"

"Not in this lifetime, no." Puno ng kasiguraduhan niyang sabi. "So, I'll see you tonight. Bring Chase with you, I heard he's in town."

Great. "I'll try,"

"You'll try what? The dinner or bringing Chase with you?" Usisa niya na sinundan ng mahinang tawa. "Akala mo siguro hindi ko alam, noh? Palagi kaming magkausap ni Nisha and she mentioned something about a guy you've been constantly seeing. Red-fucking-SDL, huh? He's like the hottest guy on the line. Sinasabi ko na nga ba, you are sixty percent Roy De Salvo but the rest of you is Kurt."

"What are you talking about?" Naramdaman ko ang pagiinit ng aking mga pisngi. Of course she know who Red is, who wouldn't? I expect Camille to give more meaning on things than Merriam Webster but I didn't expect Nisha to tell on me! "Red is my friend, he's helping me in starting my business. You can keep your laundry mouth shut because there's nothing dirty going on."