Chapter 4: Deserve More

Scarlett's P.O.V.

I pressed my head even more into Dan's torso, as he placed his hand protectively over my head. I could tell how tensed up he was, and honestly I couldn't bring myself to look at whoever it was who came into the room. I was cowering in Dan's arms from the fear that pulsed throughout my veins. Max gripped onto my hand, whimpering out loud. I felt so much pity for her, she should be outside playing with her family and friends, not trapped inside of this warehouse. I wanted to hug her and protect her with every bit of strength left within my body. I noticed Phil was shaking while laying lifeless in Dan's lap. I felt sympathy in the pit of my stomach, Dan was the one everyone turned to for comfort. I feel like I owe him, and need to somehow make up for all of his thoughtful acts once we escape this pure hell. 

That is, if we escape.

"You're a very adventurous girl, aren't you?" I didn't even have to look, that screeching voice was from indeed Gary. The old man's side kick, who followed every single order that was given to him.

"How'd you even get the chair off of you?" Gary stopped for a moment, scratching the tip of his head in curiosity.

I glanced at him through my greasy hair that was covering most of my face. Dan stroked my hair gently to calm my high anxiety, and he rubbed Phil's arm that was nearest to him.

"Oh well, guess we'll have to teach you a lesson," Gary smirked mischievously, moving closer towards me.

"Don't touch her!" Dan suddenly blurted out, and I immediately cursed myself inside of my head. They'll probably do something to him now that he's taking my position, they may even try to harm Phil or poor little Max.

Poor little innocent Max, she has been damaged so badly during the time she's spent here. I wonder what happened...

I could feel all of us trembling in our little huddle for safety.

"Ugh, shut up faggot, I wasn't talking to you now was I?" Gary sarcastically responded, and grabbed a hold of my left arm. He tugged me upwards, as I begun to scream in protest. I fought viciously using all the strength I could find within me, but his grasp was tighter then ever before. Dan groaned through his clenched teeth, fighting to pull me away from Gary.

I begun kicking my feet, I refused to go down easily.

"Let go mother fucker!" Gary demanded, his voice cracking in between words.

Dan pretended he couldn't hear Gary and continued to jerk me towards him. Max even attempted to reach out, but was too far away and returned to hiding her face in Dan's back now that I was gone. Gary eventually freed me from Dan's grip, and started towing me away and out of the room I wasn't allowed to be in in the first place. "I can't wait to see what the boss wants to do with you," Gary snarled with a disgusting smirk.

I felt a sudden feeling of suffocation, my heart dropping to the pit of my stomach. Dark thoughts twirled around within my head like a tornado, what if the outside world just completely forgets about my existence?

My dad would have absolutely no clue where I am, I doubt he even knows I've been kidnapped.

What if he thinks I was so angry that I took Alex with me and just left? Would he still search for me?

"You fucking asshole, let me go!" I tried to change my tone of voice to sound as intimidating as possible, but without consent, a loud gasp erupted from my throat due to my rising anxiety.