Friendship

Chapter 9

(Vica's pov.)

It took you an hour to get to Izaya's house; the snow made it hard to walk. You finally got to his apartment building. You typed in the proper code to open his door; it ran on a strong battery so it wasn't affected by the power outage. You walked in and was greeted with a comfortable, warm temperature; the complete opposite of your dorm. Izaya was lucky to have such a great place to live. You didn't have enough money to live off campus and you had to save money to pay off all your bills. But he had enough money to get anything he ever wanted. It was your goal to get to his level. Izaya met you at the door and gave you a hug. "Hey Vica, I'm glad you could make it" he said as he sneezed me a little. "Thanks for inviting me over. You're a real life saver" you replied hugging him back. "Alright. We have a long time with each other, what do you want to do first?" Izaya asked. "Well what do you want to do?" I was personally fine with anything Izaya wanted to do. "If you don't mind, I was really hoping I could vs you in chess" he said. "Great, you'll probably win though" I said smiling. He grinned back and sat on the couch. You run to the and jump into the couch. Izaya had the greatest couch in the world; you could lie on it all day. Izaya pulled the chess board onto the coffee table. "What colour piece do you want?" he asked. "Oh, I like black." Whenever I play chess, I always play the black side. Since Izaya was white, he made the first move.

(Izaya's pov.)

~Time gap~

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGG. How the hell are you so good at this? I CALL HACKS!" Vica yelled in frustration. I've beat her 3 times already. It was fun to see her so frazzled. "Practice makes perfect" I said proudly. "I'm going to beat you if it's the last thing I do!" she clamed. We restarted the game board. Vica's gaze was burning holes in the pieces.

~Time gap~

Damn, Vica was really determined to beat me. We were almost at the end of the game, and I honestly was getting defensive. Vica took both my knights, both my rooks, half my pons, one of my bishops; and now she was after my queen. It wasn't like she didn't take any damage. I took one of her knights, both her rooks, about two thirds of her pons, and one bishop. The chances of me wining were very slim. We both sat in silence, concentrating on the board. Vica moved her knight closer to my queen. I moved my queen to the other side of the board. Next she moved her knight after my queen. I moved my bishop, trying to get her troublesome knight. I picked up the piece and added it to my collection; smirking at my accomplishment. I expected Vica to be frustrated; I was one step closer to winning after all. But when I looked on her face, my smirk disappeared. She was smirking, like I had just fallen into her trap. She moved her queen so it was horizontal to my king. "CHECK MATE!" she cheered as she jumped from the couch and rubbed her face from exhaustion. I was frozen, simple frozen. My eyes were dashing across the board, trying to find a loop hole. But there was nothing I could do. She really beat me. I was both shocked and impressed. No one has ever beaten me in chess before, not unless I let them. Vica ran up and hugged me from behind, snapping me out of my shock. "Congrats. You are officially the only human to ever beat me in chess" I said. "You are still pretty awesome. You beat me 3 times on a row. In my book, your still the chess master" she said as she hugged me tighter, "anyway, what do you want to do now?" I asked. We spent 4 hours playing chess. It was 12:30am, but nether of you looked tired. "Do you have any other games?" she asked. "Well, I have Monopoly, game of life, scample, and Uno." "Wow, you have a lot of games for a grown man that lives alone." "I have two little sisters; they're both 14. Sometimes they sleep over here so I bought them games to play with." "Ok, I want to play...... MONOPOLY" she said while throwing her arms in the air. Man, she's really pumped after winning. "Ok, but I warn you, I am the king of monopoly" you said before getting the board game of friendship breakage; monopoly.