Four Leaf Lucky

I swung the door open as the bright sun shone down on my face.

"Be safe Presley, will you?"

"Don't worry mommy,"

I skipped down the steps and past the rocks of my front yard with its bright green grass. As my feet bound off the concrete i thought to myself, " man! It's my 8th Birthday! I can't Believe it!" My feet bounced me all the way to the field to the left of the house. I rounded my garage and bounced up to the dog house sitting by the perimeter of my house.

"Axel, come on out and get a snack!"

A tiny yipping husky, the size of fire hydrant came ripping out of the doghouse and into my arms. He licked my face and i nuzzled his nose. I jumped up and carried him with me to the garage.

I put in the password at the entrance as i muttered to myself "0812" 

The garage lurched and slowly opened revealing a large white car and plenty of other things, but i was just here for some doggy snacks. I skipped over to the dog treats holding Axel in my arms and stopped right in front of the giant back of dog snacks. I shifted axel into one arm and reached down into the bag.  I snatched one of the treats and lifted it up to Axels mouth. He gobbled it up and chewed vigorously on it.

I reached in once again and snagged three more doggy treats and stuffed them in my pocket. I set Axel down and skipped out of the garage. Once out i turned around and shut it with the little control on the side and skipped through my driveway, over my yard and into the neighboring field. Axel yipped as he followed behind me into the tall grass and weeds. 

I bent down and plucked a short piece of onion grass and waved in front of Axel and he sniffed it and then rolled over on his back. I rubbed it along his stomach and he barked happily at me. We played around for some time, coming across some animals hiding in the tall grass. I was searching through the grass when i heard Axel whining and yipping franticly.

I sped over to him as quick and quietly as i could afraid id scare whatever animal there was away. When i reached Axel i crouched down low so not to scare anything when i heard a squeaky voices ranting " Back off mutt! You scoundrel!" I peeked over Axel. A small little man dressed in all green and no shoes was swinging a tiny broom back and forth.

"Back! Back i say!" 

The little man saw me and paused. I picked up Axel and stood up.

"What are you?" i asked

The little man looked offended. "Why, I'm a leprechaun of course."

I stared at him for a split second and then blink several times. when he didn't disappear i shook my head as hard as i could. The leprechaun still stood there. I pinched myself, did a headstand, smacked my forehead, and had Axel nip at my fingers.

But as many tried to wake myself up from the strange dream, the more that i realized that it wasn't a dream at all. So i soon accepted the fact that there was a leprechaun standing in front of me and that i wasn't crazy (i hoped).

I bent back down but i still had to look down on him as he patted his foot on his patio. "Man i-"

The leprechaun broke into a song

"No time to peep, peep, peep.

I have to sweep, sweep, sweep."

He swirled his broom and started to sweep his patio. He swept quickly and then hurried to the door in the little hut the was built into a small hill.

"Wait!" 

The leprechaun turned his head on me and his deep green eyes bore into mine. "What is it that you want"

"Well i'v never seen a leprechaun before."

The leprechaun laughed.

"Of course you haven't, let me guess your turning 8 today."

I stared "How did you know"

"Well you see, humans born on Saint Patricks Day are special. They are the only humans that can see leprechauns unless the leprechaun wants to be seen. But until a those king of humans ore eight they can not see leprechauns or use luck magic."

"... What?" i replied.

"Look your special, and soon you'll learn how- don't ask me when but you will. Here follow me."

The leprechaun leapt down off his patio and scurried off into the grass. I followed the best i could and he led me to a small patch of clovers. At first they looked normal but then i saw that they all had four leaves. "Woah!" i exclaimed.

He bent down and plucked one out of the ground. He muttered something under his breath and the clover sparkled for a split second. He turned to me and leaped a insane hight and placed the clover in my hair. When he landed he said "As long as you wear that you will have good luck." He gazed at me frowning "Come back tomorrow."

"Oka-"

"And whatever you do, do not tell anyone that you saw me or anything that happened in the last twenty minutes,"

"Um, okay,"

The leprechaun sped away into the tall grass and i headed the opposite way towards my house.

"Hu" I thought " I wonder what will happen tomorrow"