CHAPTER SIX

Colin's phone rang just as Jared felt arms wrap around his throat.

"What's up man!"  The shout was much too loud in Jared's ear and he knew exactly who it was without even turning around. Once upon a time he loved the sound of that voice and chased down the person that owned it, but now he just wanted to crawl under the table. What was he thinking bringing Colin here of all places but he just wanted him to get a feel of what his life was like in Denver.

"Hey Man," Jared voice was cool but he felt unraveled on the inside.

"Allison." Colin pointed at his phone while eyeing the guy hanging over Jared's shoulders.  "I'll take it outside its noisy in here."  Jared nodded in agreement

After Colin left the table Richard Morris came into view standing on the opposite side of the table wearing a cocky grin.

"Who's your friend Jared?" he asked with smirk.

"None of your business Rich."  He looked unperturbed by the young man standing before him but he was anything but at peace about his presences. It's been two months since he'd seen him simply because he had been avoiding him and the number one way was by not coming to Eden's.

"Dump him and come take a ride with me."  It was not a request and Jared knew the consequences of rejecting Rich. He would tell anyone that would listen that they'd been to together not as a couple but simply as fuck buddies. Or so he threatened often to get Jared to do his bidding but tonight was going to be different he was going to call his bluff.

"Not happening." he said looking into hazel eyes that use to make his heart race but now they just repulsed him just like the thought of being touch by him. The reasons for his change of heart were many but the number one reason was the force, the blackmailing him so to speak into doing his bidding. Where the sex had been great it now left a bitter taste in his mouth. Somehow Richard had found out who he was and started to use that information to get things from Jared. Things included money, clothing, sex and Rich's favorite, control.

"You don't mean that." Rich said smiling broadly.

"Oh yeah I do mean that Rich." he gritted through clenched teeth. "Now I suggest you get the fuck away from me."

"Oh, baby you don't mean that come on ride with me and let me make you feel good. It's been a while. I'll do that thing with my tongue that you like."

Jared closed his eyes and took a deep breath he was losing his temper and he couldn't let Colin find out what he was, even if Colin had come out to him Jared wasn't ready to do that at all. Maybe after he'd graduated and never ever returned to Denver he could feel free to be who he truly was meant to be, but right now too many eyes were on him. It was easy enough to not come out in an all-boys school, dating girls was not an easy task and could be easily avoided. He pretended when out with friend to show interest in a girl or two and he would even chat intimately with some of them but he'd put on the hard breaks when it came to getting even remotely serious.

"Look Rich get the fuck away from my table right now" he snarled.

"Your friend is on his way back over maybe I'll just tell him who I am and how much you mean to me and why.  Is he the reason you're turning me down?"  He feigned a sad face that Jared imaged Rich thought made him irresistible but it didn't in the least.

"Go for it." Jared looked in his eyes calling his bluff. Colin walked over to the table and could see the angry look on Jared's face but said nothing. He reached a hand out and introduce himself. Colin Jameson. Richard Morris he stated taking his hand in a firm handshake. Colin looked him over a little taller that he was, his hair was curly and a moss brown in color not bad looking but cockiness rolled off him and Colin didn't like him instantly.

"You go to school with Jared?" Colin asked.

"No."  Was his only response and then he looked at Jared and back to Colin. "Did you two come here together?" he asked Colin.

"As a matter of fact, we did, why?" he asked curious.

"Um, I wanted Jared to come make a run with me you don't mind do you I'll drop him where ever, he paused when we are done."

Colin looked at Jared and new without words that he did not want to take a ride or a walk with this guy so he didn't even bother to ask him what he wanted. "Sorry man we have plans maybe another time." Colin said firmly and sat back down in his seat.

"Really well Jared and I have long standing plans and I promise it will only take a few minutes."

"No." Jared answered with a growl. "I told you I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Well I think you should change your mind before..."

"Look man he said no.  What part of the word don't you understand?" Colin interrupted.

"But you don't know what's going on.."

Colin interrupted him again and stood. "Look I don't care what's going on he said no and that's the end of the discussion."

"What if I told you." he started again and Colin walked up to him and pressed him chest to chest. "What part of what I'm saying to you is not sinking into your thick skull?" he hissed. "Don't get your ass kicked tonight man just turn around and go back to where you came from and we can forget this ever happened."  Jared stood.  "Colin that's okay I can handle him." he begged touching his bicep to get him to look at him.

"I know you can but he seems to think that your "no" does not mean much maybe he will accept mine."

Rich turned to Jared. "You're not worth the drama maybe some other time." with that said he backed away from the table and didn't turn to stop walking backwards until he was out of Colin's reach. Slowly they both settled back into their seats.

"You okay." Colin asked.

"Yeah." he breathed deeply to calm down. "He's just an ass and believes he can bully people into doing what he wants them to do."

"I've met the type plenty of times before." Colin confessed. "So what other exciting Denver activities do you have planned for us?" Colin asked now smiling. 

"You're not going to ask me what that was all about?'  Jared asked looking at the table surface. He couldn't bring his eyes to meet Colin's.  He couldn't look him in the eye and lie and he would die before he told him the truth.

"No, your business Man, you can tell me when you're ready or you don't have to ever tell me that is your business."

Jared was sure he was going to ask but he should know by now Colin would never pressure him into anything. "Thank you Colin, for standing up for me I really appreciate it I mean you didn't have to do that put yourself in harm's way."

"That guy was not going to harm anybody he's an ass and not use to hearing the word no."

"Well thanks all the same." he said quietly.

"Let's get out of here man." he said with a grin. "Show me your town."

"That I can do Jared."  smiled back. "Come on he said standing."