1| The Water Signs

"Ugh..." Cancer opened his eyes. The world abruptly rushed into focus, causing him to blink several times. When his vision finally cleared, confusion took over all his feelings. "What the s -" He turned in a circle, looking at his surroundings.

He was in a dimly lit room. There was a small window that let in some sunlight, and the only other furniture was a cupboard in the corner of the room.

It was definitely not his room. Cancer slowly got up, thinking. Why would he be in a room which was not his? And moreover, he thought as he scanned the room, why were there two seemingly dead bodies right next to him?

Cancer nearly screamed, but then he noticed that their chests were moving up and down. He knelt down to tap one of them on the shoulder.

Suddenly, the person sat up straight, her eyes opening. Cancer yelled at the sudden movement and scrambled back, his back hitting the wall. The girl frowned and blinked. Then, she spotted Cancer. Her eyes widened.

"What are you doing in my room, you idiot?" She lunged at him and pinned him against the wall in no time flat.

Cancer raised his arms protectively. "I don't know! I just woke up here too, and by the way this is not your room, Scorpio. You are Scorpio, right?"

Scorpio eyed Cancer, then released him, still scowling. "Yeah, and you're Cancer. Why do you look so weird? I mean, your hair is sticking up all over the place and you look like a hu-- wait a minute... did you do this to me?"

Scorpio had dark red eyes that glowed almost demonically. Her black hair was wavy and framed her face, plus there was streak of red through her hair right next to her face. She was quite tall, standing at around 168cm.

Cancer couldn't see himself, but he had grey, no, more like silver, eyes. His hair was cherry red and it was tousled up like a hurricane had just tore through it. He wasn't short but wasn't tall either, about 153cm.

Seeing the murderous look in her eye, Cancer quickly defended himself. "No! Someone else did this to us, whatever you think happened."

Scorpio rolled her eyes and mumbled something about humans. "Come on, we need to wake up Pisces and get out of here and get back to Zodyia (I just made that up. That's where the zodiacs lived before they got sent here)." She bent down and Cancer thought she would hit Pisces, but she shook her lightly.

Pisces yawned and mumbled something in her sleep, then continued sleeping. She looked angelic in her sleep. She had short silver hair that was spread out around her head and was 148cm, pretty short. (By the way I have no clue with the heights so deal with it.)

"Seriously..." Scorpio said impatiently. Still, she continued to shake Pisces until she woke up.

"Wait.. where am I?" Pisces asked. Her eyes turned out to be a clear sea green.

"I don't know. Come on, we have to find a way out." Scorpio straightened herself and walked over to the cupboard. Neither Cancer nor Pisces followed her. Pisces was still trying to get her bearings.

"Nothing in this cupboard. Come on! Why aren't you two helping?" Scorpio snapped.

Cancer and Pisces instantly began scanning the area, not even sure what they were looking for. Cancer ran his hands over the walls, hoping to find a door or something.

After some time, Pisces called over to them. "I think I found something!" They all rushed over to her. She was leaning on a piece of wall that bent slightly outwards when she pushed it.

Scorpio pushed Pisces aside not very gently and shoved the wall fiercely. It caved in with a crash, opening up to a larger, but no brighter, room. The water signs shared a glance before walking into the room as one.

Published 19 March 2016