What is #EverydayHeroes?

"Heroes are all around us."
-
ORIGIN

The idea of #EverydayHeroes comes from the episodic video game, Life is Strange. The plot follows the protagonist Maxine "Max" Caulfield, an introverted photography student who has the ability to travel back in time. After foreseeing an approaching storm, Max takes on the responsibility to stop it from destroying her home town. In the course of saving the world, she tries to put a stop to bullying in her school and liberate her best friend from her abusive step-father.

THE IDEA

"Ordinary people can do extraordinary things."

Max may have time-rewinding abilities. However, one doesn't need to rely on superpowers to help an old lady to cross the street, rescue a lost puppy or stand up to bullying. In other words, anyone and everyone can be a hero.

To illustrate the idea, one prime example in literature would be Katniss Everdeen, the heroine of the Hunger Games trilogy. Although she is originated from one of the poorest districts in Panem, she isn't afraid to challenge the government and defy the rules to stand for what's right. Her bold actions against the authority eventually transform her into the symbol of rebellion and figure of inspiration in her country.

Heroes don't need to wear a spandex suit with a mask to rescue the world. All they need is compassion. This is where humanity comes from.

SPREAD THE WORD

If you wish to promote this idea in the wide world of Wattpad, you may add the hashtag #EverydayHeroes to your profile. Of course, the best way to support the cause is to pen a story. It can be a true story of your own or entirely fictional. As long as it goes along with the idea of our campaign, it's fine. Once published, you may put your book under the hashtag #EverydayHeroes and add our complementary sticker on your cover. Give us a pm and we will consider adding it to our reading lists.

CREDITS

#EverydayHeroes (Wattpad) is a non-profit campaign established by a dedicated "Life is Strange" fan, aiming to spread the game's message to a wider audience. All rights for the materials concerning "Life is Strange" are reserved by Dontnod Entertainment and Square Enix.

_

Thank you for stopping by! We look forward to joining you in your creative adventures.