Chapter 11

Chapter 11: King of Chevron

☼Louis W. Tomlinson☼

"Tell me everything you found out." I snapped coldly.

Harry nodded dryly, looking grave and serious. I thought of the sleeping Ivy I left in my bed, frowning. Your secrets are bout to get unleashed, baby girl...

"I was looking through the records by doing a face match and I narrowed obviously the research to people alive, because it would just be too many people." Harry explained. "Which is why I didn't find anything. She wasn't in those records."

"So you looked through the dead's?" I asked.

"No, I never even imagined that she... Whatever, no. It was a complete hazard. I forgot to narrow it down and found quite a few matches. This is the first one."

He handed me a picture of a young girl, about seventeen, and looked a lot like Ivy, just... I don't know there was something innocent about her in that picture, happiness and a certain naivety in her eyes. Her hair was platinum blonde and she was smiling.

"Name's Charlize Kendall Love. Born in Lake Placid, New York, on June 21 1990, moved to New York City in 1996, single child. Her dad is Richards Love, multimillionaire living on the Upper East Side of NYC. Her mom is an ex-model and a designer, both still doing very well, and also very rich. Probably one of the wealthiest family in New York."

"What about Ivy... I mean, Charlize." I spat out, hating the taste of that name on my tongue. The taste of the lies.

"She was a very good girl." Harry answered, looking confused. "She had amazing grades, I'm talking straight A student with a lot of chances to get a full scholarship to Yale, though she didn't need it. She was a ballet dancer, won many competitions and all, she could play violin, guitar, piano, cello and sing. She would also paint and sell those paintings when she was only 15 to raise money for a children's hospital. Charlize was an amazing child and teenager apparently."

"Then, what happened?" I asked. "What happened to her?"

"She disappeared when she was seventeen. This is the last picture that was taken of her whilst she was still Charlize Love."

"Disappeared?"

"That's where it gets messy."

I sat down at my desk and poured myself a glass of scotch. I looked at the liquor and poured even more in the glass, feeling that I was going to need it.

"Carmen Rodriguez, seventeen years old, no one's ever heard of her before or after. Was seen in Miami for awhile but then disappeared again."

Harry showed me a picture of a young woman with bright copper hair. It was a younger Ivy... Charlize, once again, but this time, she had empty eyes, very far from the burning fire she has now.

"This is Lana Grant, eighteen. Seen in New Orleans for a few months before she left."

The next picture was Charlize with soft brown waves, looking ravishing and a bit happier, but still very dull compared to the tigress she is today.

"This is now Lana in LA when she was nineteen." Harry handed me another picture. "She got arrested for minor drinking and public drinking in a park.

'Lana' now had dirty blonde hair pulling on the brown. She had a small bruise under her eye and a cut on her lip. I took a deep breath. She was in LA a year before I came here.