Vegeta x Fem!Reader Part 3

Day after day, you kept visiting the forest, hoping to catch sight of that saiyan prince. However, not seeing him for a couple of weeks, your hopes of crossing paths with him once more plummeted. Except for today that was.

You were on your way to the forest trails again, not really expecting anything to happen. Your friend was throwing a house party for the evening and you needed an excuse to get away. The last time you joined in was a complete social anxiety attack for you. Besides, you wanted to be in a peaceful environment to read (favorite book). After about half an hour later, you ended up by a babbling brook on a fallen log, deeply engrossed in your story. The sound of the birds chirping and the brook made everything so idyllic, until the birds just grew quiet suddenly, although it took you a while to notice it. You just went back to reading your book when a hand gripped your shoulder. Instantly, you jumped up and whipped around, almost letting a frantic scream when you recognized that black spiky hair and dark ebony eyes.

"Vegeta!" You scolded over his laughter. "You scared me half to death!"

Vegeta continued to laugh. "Sorry, y/n, but I guess it serves you right for letting your guard down in the woods."

You punched his arm good-humoredly. "Whatever. What are you doing here?"

"I was actually training in a clearing nearby and I saw you," he replied curtly. "I'm guessing you're enjoying the great outdoors as usual."

"Yep. F/n's throwing a house party and I don't want to take part in it." You shrugged.

Vegeta said nothing, only motioning for you to follow him. You curiously tagged along, traveling across the woodland and feeling thorns cut your legs as you attempted to dodge around them.

Vegeta finally stopped in a clearing, some areas fairly burnt and small craters scarred the barren land. "This is where I train," he rasped.

"Train?" You echoed.

"I'm a warrior. I train to become stronger," Vegeta explained quickly.

"Neat," you commented. "But why bring me here?"

"Well... I wanted you to watch me train, seeing you have nothing better to do," Vegeta muttered.

You just stared at him, unsure what to say. What if he hurt you on accident if you observed too close?

"Am I to take your silence as denial?" Vegeta asked, a sharp edge to his tone.

"Yes, but don't aim anything at me," you replied, shaking your head. Surely if Vegeta saved your ass, he wouldn't hurt you intentionally.

Vegeta motioned you to take a seat in a patch of soft grass.

As soon as you sat down, Vegeta was already beginning his training. The saiyan hurled punch after punch, soon leading onto kai blasts.

You watched in amazement. You have never seen anything like it, and you couldn't take your eyes off it.

Vegeta smirked and fired a kai blast at you, catching you off guard.

Your adrenaline began to kick in, but you were unable to move, frozen in shock from the unexpected attack.

Before it hit you, a blur and a gust of wind hit your face. You couldn't see anything but smoke and last remaining embers of the ki blast. When the cloud cleared, you saw Vegeta smirking at you, and soon couldn't contain a laugh.

"You've really got to pay attention y/n," he chided.

"I thought we agreed not to fire blasts at me!" You squeaked. You pouted and crossed your arms, narrowing your eyes at Vegeta.