FLASHBACK

She took the brush and started another painting...

Her hand moved furiously drawing Sita-Ram-Lakshman leaving in the chariot.

As she was done, she caressed lakshman's picture...

" Who's that? How dare you peep in the tent? Move back or I'll shoot you", he shouted.

"Am here to meet jijashree

"Am here to meet jijashree. Had to convey a message. You wouldn't understand." , she retorted.

Ram came at the instant. She asked him what would he like to have in lunch. He very calmly replied that he would love whatever sita made.

" How did you recognize me?", she asked curiously.

"Who wouldn't recognize you, dear? You are her reflection. Sita's reflection."

A tear ran down her cheek...For the first time she had drawn the portrait to perfection. Her hand though unsteady couldn't leave his face.

"I need to go. They are waiting."

But her hand was not ready to leave his face. She didn't stop caressing his cheek. She didn't knew when she'll be able to see him again. Her gaze was fixed on his eyes. He never spoke much except for duties. But his eyes told what his heart was filled with.

She knew he didn't like leaving her alone. But she also knew he wouldn't utter a word.

"Why don't you take me with you? I know you can't live without me

"Why don't you take me with you? I know you can't live without me. I can't live without you. And you know this.", her voice raised out of helplessness...

" please don't make it tough for me. I beg you.", he broke down.

Cupping her face he rested his forehead on hers

"You need to stay back..."

"Why?", her voice lost in the tears.

" Because you are bhabhi's reflection. You need to be here to take care of everyone, the way she would have done. And I know you will because you have a heart of gold, a smile worth diamonds. You find a way out. The people in the palace have forgotten to smile. You need to teach them. You weren't a vidhikari for no reason. I have given a way to lead my family. Don't disappoint me, please. They need a leader. If you come out they will be lost forever. Everyone is fighting a personal battle here. Please bring them together for a bigger and a better reason.", saying this he left her and turned to go...

She was overwhelmed. She held him from behind trying to stop him.

"But am your shadow. How can you leave behind your shadow? What is my existence without you?"

He felt her grip on his shoulders tight. He knew she wasn't convinced. He took her hands in his holding her tightly... She clung to his back like a creeper... Her arms around his waist and palms in his grip...

Composing himself he began,

"You remember, you had said I wasn't Ram bhaiyya's reflection?"

"Hmmm"

"You were right... Am his shadow... I have to follow him. Am dark already. How can you be a shadow of a shadow? I shall lose you if you come behind...

The game of shadows and reflections is complex. You break the rules and its a foul.

The funny thing is reflections have meaning. Shadows lose their essence in the dark. And I want you to be the same...

You were right am not like ram bhaiyya. Because am selfish. Am doing this for myself. Having you around will weaken me. And I'll love you only for what I had fallen for in you... Keep them intact as I'll come and observe if you would be the same or not... If not , don't expect any love Urmila"

He felt she had freed her hand from his grip. Gulping down the tears he marched leaving his shadow behind.

Photo credit- Myself ;) *LOL*