Baby Gender Bets

--- Time skip----
---Charlie's POV----

"Charlie Lucas!" The familiar voice Doctor Anderson shouts, with Cody helps me up and I waddle into the room with him not far behind. "Hello, can you hope onto the bed and we'll see what your baby is doing" I nod, I climb onto the bed; Cody's by my side holding my hand "There's the head and there's the legs" she smiles at us while pointing at the screen "Do you want to know the gender?" I look at Cody he smiles which means yes at the moment there's been a lot of disputes and bets (that I'm not meant to know about) on what gender our baby is.

"Your going to be having a baby girl. But your baby is doing good, would you like a scan photo?" We nod as she prints the photo "When your ready, you can join me in my office and we can discuss what the next step is." She smiles and leaves "We're going to have a daughter" he beams I nod "Wonder who's winning the bet?" He laughs then sliding off the bed we walk towards doctor Anderson's office.

"Ok, so here are your scan photos. Please schedule an appointment for three weeks time, just to check on how you both are getting on. Do you have any questions?" She hands me the scan photos "We're ok, thanks for seeing us" she smiles "No problem. I'll see you both next month." Hand in hand we head to the reception where we make the follow up appointment.

"We are having a baby girl" he beams again once we are in the car "We sure are Mr Carson" he laughs as his tongue runs across his lip ring "We'd better get the rest of our baby things sorted." Yeah, we've only got a couple of things left to pick up "Yeah then you can paint the nursery. Bet if the guys helped you it take maybe half a day to get everything set up" he nods "Your right, hey, how did you know about the bets that have been going on?" I smirk "Can't tell you that."

Once we walk into the house, everyone(Maxx, Brie, Zach, Lindsey, Dan, Sydney,Danny, mum, Cambia and Stephanie) is sitting there "So what you having?" Danny asks seeming excited "We are having a....." You could feel the atmosphere in the room getting intense "Girl, we are having a girl." A serious of cheers occur "I was right" Sydney, Lindsey and mum beam. I notice money being exchanged "Where's the scan picture then?" Stephanie smiles Cody hands her the picture, she shows mum and the proud grandma's smile.

"Hey guys I need a favour" Cody sits next to the guys (mum, Brie, Stephanie and Lindsey have left) with me perched on his lap "What's up man?" Danny asks "Well the nursery still needs painted and I could do with a hand. Now we know what we are going to have the colours are easy enough to sort." They nod "We can do it this afternoon" Maxx suggests he nods "Then maybe I can go pick up the things we ordered" I suggest to which Cody shakes his head "Your not driving and you can't go yourself" I love Cody but he's acting like I'm going to break and I don't like it. "Cody I can still drive, I'm sure Cambia or Sydney  will join me so don't worry." He shrugs with a unhappy look on his face , I stand up and walk upstairs.

Sitting on the bed, pulling his pillow against my body I cry, I hate hormones all I want to do is cry. "Hey, you ok?" The bed dips on either side of me as two pairs of arms hug me "I'm just fed up of Cody treating me like I'm going to break that's all." They nod "He doesn't know what to do he's new to the whole becoming a parent thing as are you." Syd smiles as Cambia nods in agreement "Hey how bout when they're decorating we go pick up everything that's ordered and then we'll go for lunch?" I nod "That sounds great. Let's go" drying my tears we head downstairs.

"Cody we are away out, we'll see you later." He nods before turning back to the conversation in hand. Walking more like waddling to the car, sitting in the backseat I get comfy "Next stop mall, to pick up baby things."

"Hi, I've come to collect my orders it's under Lucas" I say as the cashier types away on the screen in front of her "I'm afraid there's nothing under that name" Cody's changed the name on the order no doubt. "Is there an order for Carson?" She types on the key board in front of her, which I roll my eyes at not in a rude way just cause of Cody changing the name. "Yes, I'll go and get it for you" smiling she walks away.

"What did you order?" Cambia asks "Crib and stroller. We got everything else." She nods "Saved the heavy things for last" I laugh but they both shake their heads "Only you two" Syd laughs nodding in agreement the cashier reappears "That'll be $124 today cash or card" she smiles as I hand over my card.

Sydney and Cambia place the purchases into a trolley that we picked up on the way in. "Do you need to pick up anything else for the baby?" Cambia asks as we head out the store,shaking my head,we walk slowly down the mall when something in one of the store windows catches my eye and I stop. Looking closer there sat the most cutest teddy bear ever it was pink with little love hearts on it paws and tummy aww, I needed to buy it for our jelly bean.

"Charlie you ok?" They were back at my sides "Yeah, sorry got distracted by that teddy" I point it out to them "It's cute" nodding I head inside the store with them not far behind. Cody and I hadn't really picked out many soft toys for the baby but this bear we needed: picking it up it was soft to the touch it was perfect holding it in my hands I walk to the till and pay for it without another thought.

"Let's go eat. We're starving" I say as we walk out of the shop they laugh "Not much longer till the little one's born. What you naming her?" I laugh ever since Cody let it slip that we've picked the names out  they've all had a shot trying to get me to tell them but I haven't I'm to strong willed to crack and tell them "Nandos" they looked between each other with a confused look on their faces "Nandos Carson?" Escapes Cambia's mouth I laugh "No Nandos for lunch" they nod as we make our way inside.

-----Time Skip----
----Cody's POV---

"And done" breathing out a sigh of relief I step back and take in the sight of my daughters room pastel pink it was so cute everything is set up minus the crib that Charlie's away to get.

"Thanks guys, for the help. Knowing my luck I'd still be trying to open the tin of paint by the time Charlie comes back" they laugh "You'd probably would be" Maxx laughs.

"You wanting to stay for dinner?" I ask them they all nod apart from Danny "Got to go to work, like now"He says quite disappointingly  then leaves and then there was four. Quickly tiding up the mess (which isn't a lot as we tides as we went); we head downstairs for a well deserved beer.

"Cody we're back!" Her beautiful voice echoes through the house, hearing footsteps approaching I smile, I feel bad for the way I was with her earlier. She appears with a toy story bag as Cambia has the stroller and Sydney has the crib "They wouldn't let me carry either of the boxes" she huffs like a five year old as she sits next to me "What's in the bag?" Handing me the bag, opening it slowly it reveals a pastel pink teddy bear. Pulling it out the bag I get a better view; just by the look of it I instantly love it "Her room's nearly finished I'll build the crib in five minutes." She nods before cuddling into my side.

"CHARLIE COME HERE!" I yell from the baby's room, it had only taken us ten minutes to build it well more like Maxx trying to read the instructions in Spanish for five minutes before realising English was on the next page what a goof.

The bedroom door opens, to reveal Charlie, Syd and Cambia "it's perfect." Walking into the room she takes it all in, looking into the crib she smiles I had placed the teddy in it near the top end. " She's going to love it. I can tell" she smiles before hugging me "Oh before I forget, I kinda sorta invited everyone for dinner." She smiles "That's fine but your cooking, I'm tired." With that she yawns.

Nodding my head she smiles " Go for a sleep and I'll wake you up when it's ready." She nods then waves bye to everyone before heading to bed. "Daddy Cody" Zach laughs "Can't believe out of all of us your the first one to be a parent." Nodding I smirk "Not too long now before your all running after my daughter. I can see it now, she'll have you all whipped." They laugh "More like she'll have you wrapped around her little finger." Cambia laughs I nod probably true.

----Time skip----
"Bye guys see ya later." I wave goodbye as Dan and Sydney leave, Charlie is behind me waving "Bedtime, babe" she nods the bags under her eyes are more visible nowadays, she walks upstairs.

Once in our room she rips off her bra and leggings then slides into bed wearing nothing but at shirt and a pair of panties. Sliding into bed next to her I pull her sleepy body against mine allowing my eyes to close the darkness swallows me whole.