five

A little after lunch time, I finally finished my masterpiece. My dad looked happier than ever, and so was I. I miss him so much, but knowing he's always with me and I can always look at this and know he loves me makes me feel so much better.

When my painting was completely dry, I placed it back into my backpack with all my art supplies I got from that shop.

I couldn't contain my excitement so I hurried over to Emily's art shop, pushing people out of the way. (of course they all gave me dirty looks but who cares? I was too excited) . I practically ran the door over from opening it with so much force.

"Emily!!" I call in between breaths because your girl isn't in shape at all.

A few short seconds pass before I hear what sounds like multiple paint brushes hit the ground. "Oh my," A soft voices shrieks. I giggle knowing that voice belongs to Emily.

Before I can stop laughing, Emily jumps from behind a counter with a broom stick in hand ready to swat at me. I immediately stop laughing and put my arms up in surrender.

"I'm just a kid, chill out!"

She exhales a huge deep breath and puts the broom down. "Sorry, I thought you were an intruder,"

"But, what did you expect to accomplish with that broom?" I asked chuckling as I realized I was scared for no reason.

She shrugged, "It was the closest thing I could find," She starts to laugh along. "What brings you here Blake? More paint?"

I shake my head, "No, I'm actually here to show you something," I say as I take my back pack off.

She stops in her tracks and turns to watch me as I pull out my canvas to show her.

"I got inspiration from your painting of Lucas, and I thought I'd show you," I smile, "It's my father. He passed away not too long ago,"

She analyzes my painting for a moment. "Wow," She never leaves eye contact with the canvas. "I'm....wow"

I laugh at her reaction.

"That's amazing wow, I'm so shocked. You're an amazing artist and I can't believe my artwork inspired you!" She said in awe.

I smile back at her, "Thank you. You're art work is incredible I don't know why you don't show it off more. It's so inspiring, you need to let your work be seen by the world,"

It's no doubt that Emily is talented. Her artwork is hanging on all along each wall, and each piece is breathtaking. I honestly don't know why she doesn't let her talent out for the whole world to see.

She sighs and shakes her head. "Darling, my artwork has precisely only been made since Lucas died. I paint for him, and if the outside world sees my work, I feel like I'm betraying Lucas," Her olive eyes become glossy.

I send her a reassuring smile. "I'm sure Lucas would want everyone to see your talent. But, I understand. I kind of don't want people seeing my portrait of my father,"

Emily pushes pieces of her strawberry blonde hair away from her face. "It's too special to share," She smiles stepping closer to me so she could pull me into her arms.

Immediately her scent of coffee and acrylic paint fills my nose. As oddly as it sounds, the aroma's comforting.

"What are you doing tonight?" I ask her once she lets me go.

At first she sends me a confused look, but it's gone as soon as it came. "Probably painting, if anything. Why so curious?" She eyes me.

I can't help but let a soft giggle escape my lips. "I was just wondering, if you wanted to get dinner together?"