04| FIRST GAME

Merlin fanfic or Flash fanfic?

F O U R | FIRST GAME

🔺🔻

THE MORNING BEFORE THEIR GAME Lucas and Laila found themselves back on the River Court.

"Luke, Laila, what up dawgs? Check this out. Y'all shoot this one. See what you got." Skills told the two upon their arrival.

Lucas went first shooting the perfect basket while Laila did the same soon after.

"Ahh!" Skills cheered for the two.

"Come on, lets move!" Mouth called from on his bench.

"Time to go, baby." Skills said.

"Six-thirty, Lula!" Jimmy yelled from next to Mouth.

Oh, come on guys, you don't gotta come." Lucas began while Laila finished "It's just a game."

"Right. Whitey asked you both to play on the team." Skills began.

"And Nathan threatens Luke." Junk continued.

"You beat him right here one on one, you join the team." Mouth keeps it going.

"And now it's the first game and we aint gotta come? Um-um. We goin'. This game is for all of us." Skills finishes.

Skills tossed the ball to Lucas, Laila stood up by his side and looked at her friends, admiring how supportive they were.

"Go Lula!" Jimmy cheered.

🔺🔻

LAILA CHANGED INTO HER JERSEY in the girls locker room. The large blue 03 printed on the back with KING written in white letters on a black strip.

It was her first official game as a Raven and to say that she was nervous would be a huge understatement.

Before she had only played in front of Luke, Karen, Keith, Skills, Jimmy, Junk, Mouth and Fergie. Today she played in front of hundreds and just the thought of it terrified her.

"Laila, Coach Durham wants to talk to you." Samantha, Laila's blonde haired teammate told her.

When Laila joined the team she thought they would hate her like the guys did with Lucas, but that wasn't the case. She had bonded with them quickly and soon found herself with a group of new friends.

"Thanks Samantha." Laila replied to her with a tight smile on her face, the new information just adding to her anxiety.

On her way to Coach Durham's office she realized it was in the boys locker room where most of the guys were getting changed, she sincerely hope they were all decent because she really didn't want to see any of that.

When she opened the door to the locker room all head turned in her direction, they all stared at her like she was some sort of alien. She also noticed that Lucas wasn't in the locker room.

Seeing the office on the other side of the room she made her way towards it glancing at the guys around her. Some stared, some had looked away by now and then there was Nathan.