Agrizoophobia▪16

agrizoophobia ~ fear of wild animals

Evelyn:

"You forgot all that research you and Evelyn were doing for that boy she likes."

That was the first thing I heard upon entering my history class. I felt my face go blank as I froze in the doorway.

If I left now no one would notice -- no too late people had begun staring at me.

Kira was locked in a silent stare down with her father. No doubt trying to mentally convey her wrath, but he either found it amusing or was unfazed by it.

The few students that had heard the exchange were now immersed in conversation with the friends that had arrived. Their attention span for my embarrassing moment was thankfully short.

Unfortunately Scott had looked over at me the moment those words were said. Beginning the awkward, on my part, stare down we were both locked in.

This right here was what true despair was. Do I look away first? Or would that just mean that what Kira's father said was true? Oh gosh his eyes are incredibly brown, and puppy like.

The ends of his lips had begun tilting up into a smile that was no stranger to his face. That was when my brain had decided to coexist with my body once more, and move my eye sight down to the floor. I let out a tired breath while slowly making my way to my designated seat.

Kira was by my side in no time after having quickly maneuvered her way over desks and around students. "I am so sorry. I didn't think dads were allowed to pull that kind of stuff on kids who aren't even their own." The flurry of words had been masked with an incredible amount of apology as she patted my back a bit to roughly.

I coughed from the impact, and stared up at her. She must go to the gym often or I just can not handle much. "It's completely fine, Kira." I spread out my lips in the hopes of conveying a pleasant smile. If it actually worked was a different story. "We both know it's not true, so there's no harm in what he said."

'it's not true' For some reason those three words rang out in my head afterwards. I however did not give much thought into it as class had begun.

Kira on the other hand didn't sit down before sending her dad another silent stare. He didn't respond besides sending her a wide smile. Kira was just too much of a sweetheart to look intimidating to any one.

"All right, everyone. Let's get started. We were just talking about internment camps and prisoners of war. There's a passage in our reading that I'd like to go over in more detail. Who would like to come up and read aloud for us?" Mr. Yukimura's stare caused several students, including myself, to not make direct eye contact in fear of getting chosen to read. "Mr. Stilinski, how about you?"

It wasn't hard to hear some of the sighs in relief from those who hadn't been picked. Unfortunately Stiles did not have that type of luxury. "Oh, maybe someone else could."

Mr. Yukimura was not taking no for an answer no matter how reluctant Stiles appeared. He walked up to the podium in the front of the class, and started off doing not so well. Which surprised me because I never imagined Stiles would have glossophobia.

I noticed his lips moving quickly, but he was whispering and I was at the back of the class so I could not hear a word. No matter what my currents status was in trying to avoid him, and the rest of the people in his group, I still had begun to feel badly for how much he was panicking.

It only seemed to grow worse, so much to the point that now everyone had begun to stare at him. Which I could only assume did not make him feel any bit better.