Party Time

Needless to say, Rose seemed very uncomfortable with the stare that followed Wesley's entrance. She hurriedly found her purse and practically pushed Wes out the door.

"Bye, have a good time!" I called after them weakly.

I continued to try to read my book, but there was no use. Wes was taking my roommate out on a date, and for some reason, I was not okay with that. She didn't even know him. What right does she have?!

There was a knock on my door. I secretly hoped it was Wes to say "I ditched her, let's go!" but I think that was a little far-fetched. I didn't like the hostility I had for Rose all of a sudden. We were just making progress and bonding a little.

Opening the door, I was shoved past as Gabrielle pushed in, followed by a larger girl with blond hair.

"Um, hi?" I said.

Gabrielle's arms were full of junk food; Dr. Pepper to last a decade, popcorn, and Ramen. She dumped it all on the futon that Rose had brought with her. She looked up at me and brushed her hair annoyedly out of her face.

"What?"

I gestured to the mess she just made. And then to the extra girl, whom I didn't know.

"Right. This is Olivia, my roommate. We saw Rosa heading out with her date, and thought we'd have a girl's night..."

"It's Rose."

"What?" Gabrielle was thoroughly confused.

"My roommate's name is Rose. You called her Rosa."

Her eyes widened. "Is that why she gives me dirty looks in the mornings when I greet her in the bathroom?"

An eyebrow rose on my forehead.

"Anyway," she continued,"who's her date? He's hot,"

"A friend of mine from my old school," I said, leaving it at that, but Gabrielle picked up on my jealousy.

"You liiike him!!!" She squealed at a pitch only females are capable of hitting.

I sighed, trying hard not to blush. But before I could feign denial, Olivia spoke up. "You have a dude in your doorway."

I looked over and was shocked to see Hayden standing there in jeans and a t-shirt, holding a bouquet of flowers. My jaw dented the floor.

"Hayden?"

He peeked his head around the flowers and smirked. "Aw honey, I didn't know your feelings for me were so strong,"

My face heated up. He had heard Gabrielle's proclamation for my feelings toward Wesley.

"She's not talking about you, Hayden." I snapped as quickly as I could. It seemed to have no negative effect on his ego.

He shrugged. "No matter. These, however," he held the bouquet out to me. "Are for you."

Confused, I took the bouquet and smiled as I smelled the fragrant, colorful flowers. "What on earth...?"

"I told you I'd make it up to you." He explained.

I was speechless. But then I thought of what he was making up for and I dropped the flowers. He looked down at them and nodded. "It's going to take more than that, isn't it?"

"Uh, yeah," I said with sarcasm biting through my voice.

Still looking down at them he shook his head and scratched the back of his neck. "You're harder to please than Lexi, that's for sure."

A loud smacking noise resounded through the room before I realized I had just slapped him, fury rippling through me. He just called my sister easy!
So? A part of me challenged. She never stood up for you.
Although my inner self had a point, I still yelled at Hayden, my voice shaking.