Chapter 1

Sun filtered through the window of the house. It shone on the creamy she-dog's face, who was laying in a small green cheap bed she had since she was a two month-old pup.
  She opened her eyes, blinking tiredly. She stood up and stretched, more light filtering into the kitchen where she slept. Her red collar dangled around her neck. She walked out of the kitchen and padded upstairs to see Ella, her human. She walked into the room and hopped onto the bed. She prodded the elderly lady with her paw. She opened her eyes and looked up at her.
"Good morning, Creamy! Up already?" she asked playfully, starting to stroke the dog. Creamy's tongue lolled out, and her tail thumped on the bed. She had been with her six months and she was seven months. She wondered if she would get a new bed for her birthday.
Ella sat up and grabbed her walking stick. She cannot walk without it or she will fall. That is what Creamy had concluded.
She got the bag of food and poured some into her food bowl. Creamy started wolfing it down, then Ella took the empty water bowl and filled it in the tap. She sat it down next to her. She started to lick it up. When she was done, she licked her lips. Water was all over her muzzle. She looked around and saw Ella making what she called "Oatmeal". From what she has seen, it looked like a warm creamy glop. She wondered what it tasted like. If Ella likes it, it can't be that bad.
She walked past Ella, who reached down with one of her hands to pat her. She went out of the dog door and looked around for her bouncy ball. She bounded to the once-clean red ball. She had slobbered and put teeth marks in the old ball. Her life was good, she knew. She knew she was luckier than a lot of dogs who didn't have homes. Humans were amazing.
Creamy picked up the ball and lay down. She started gnawing on it, and it felt very good on her teeth. She threw it into the air and caught it. She threw it down, bored. She wanted to do something exciting-like hunting! She looked around for any signs of prey. I scared them off, didn't I? she thought, giving a big huff and plopping down. Her ears perked when she heard a chirping sound. Bird! It landed closely in front of her. She crouched, still as a rock. Then she leaped. She clamped it in her jaws before it could fly away, over the fence. She put it down and looked at it proudly. I'm going to show Ella! she thought. She will be so proud!