In The Hospital

YOUR POV:

Dan held my hand as we walked into the room. I wasn’t prepared for what I saw. Phil was swarmed by wires and had a drip in his hand. Lights were flashing and I could hear a lot of beeping coming from the numerous machines by Phil’s bedside. Black spots danced in my vision but I focused on staying concious.

I got into his hospital room and broke down, sobbing into Dan’s jumper. I was surprised that Dan wasn’t as upset as me, but I was too caught up in tears to be thinking about that right now. The doctors had put Phil in a coma, and they had to make sure not to give him much more medicine, seeing as he had already overdosed.

Dan asked if he could be left alone with Phil for  minute and of course I said yes.

DAN’S POV:

I asked Y/N if I could be left alone with Phil for a moment and she said yes. She walked out of the room slowly, closing the door behind her. I sat in wooden chair at Phil’s bedside. “Good job Phi, good job” I smirked. Y/N came back in with a doctor.

BThe doctor was busy trying to comfort Y/N. I left Y/N in the room with Phil for a little bit.

When she was finished, I took Y/N back to my place so Phil’s parents could have a little bit of time with him. I sat Y/N on the couch and put a movie on. Y/N soon forgot about Phil and we were sitting on the couch together, our legs almost touching. Y/N was struggling to keep her eyes open, and she cuddled up to me and fell asleep. I smirked. ‘get used to this Y/N’ I thought, smiling deviously

Not long after, I fell asleep too. When I woke up, I heard rattling in the kitchen and got up to see what it was. I saw Y/N into the kitchen  making….. bacon and eggs? We had both slept through the night. That would explain why my neck was so sore. Sleeping on that stupid sofa for 6 hours…

Y/N and I sat down at the table and gorged on bacon and eggs. We hadn’t eaten anything at the hospital and only had a couple of chips during the movie. I guess you could call this a date….

We finished breakfast and cleaned up. “I want to go back to the hospital” Y/N insisted.

“Don’t you think we should just leave Phil to get better?” I argued back.

“Let’s go Dan” she said sternly.

“Fine” I sighed

YOUR POV:

Dan drove us both to the hospital to see Phil for the next week. Some days he stayed out of the room and just waited for me in the foyer, god knows why.

I was in tears every time I saw Phil.  His innocent face covered by wires and his hands resting on the sides of the bed. I wondered what was going on in that head of his. I was looking at him when I noticed a square shaped lump in his left back pocket. I gently rolled him over, just enough to be able to get the object out of his pocket. It was a blue box with thin silver lines across the bottom of the lid. I opened it to see the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. In the lid of the box, ‘Marry Me?’ was spelt out in small black letters. More tears left my eyes as I realised what was going on. This was an engagement ring… Phil was going to propose!

Poor Phil. He attempted, and possibly committed, suicide before he could propose. He was probably afraid of rejection.. Little did he know, I could never reject him. He was the love of my life,  and my soul mate. I loved him more than anything in the entire world. I placed the box on the table beside his bed and gave him a kiss on the forehead. “I love You” I whispered, before leaving the room

PHIL’S POV:   \ ._. /

I tried sitting up but a splitting pain shot through my right side of my body and my head. I blinked a couple of times to let my eyes adjust to the white lights illuminating the room. I felt a warm, soft hand holding mine and I straight away knew who it was. I stroked Y/N’s hand with my thumb and looked at her. Her eyes lit up when she saw I was awake. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying and had dark bags underneath them from not getting enough sleep. She sat there shocked as I smiled. “Hello beautiful” she let a couple of stray tears roll down her cheeks. I wiped them with my thumb. She leant down to kiss me and I felt the sparks like we had the first time we kissed. She was something special, I’m telling you...