Chapter 4

Chapter Four:

   With his head down to the ground, Stiles entered Beacon Hills high school. Students paraded around him in a hurried fashion. Most didn’t even cast Stiles a second look much less than a first. They were too preoccupied with their lives to even care about others. Stiles envied them. He envied that they didn’t have his life. A miserable and shallow existence that was hell to live. He sighed and continued his destination to his locker. He was just spinning the combination lock, when he appeared behind him.

   “Hey, buddy”

    As usual, it was Scott with his very typical greeting. After the Danny incident, Scott has been trying too hard to mend their friendship. But Stiles didn’t put forth any effort. It was a lost cause. Their friendship was long and gone. He would talk to Scott just for the sake he’ll shut up, but other than that Stiles wasn’t interested. He had relied on Derek to be his friend. Now he could kiss that plan goodbye because it wasn’t going to happen.

    Retrieving a few books, Stiles closed his locker. He then stared at Scott who looked at him strangely.

   “What?”

  The dark haired boy shook his head and smiled.

  “Nothing it’s just…you seem different today. Less Lively”

  “Well” said Stiles.

    He and Scott were walking to class. In his mind, Stiles was trying to prepare some bullshit speech he could feed to Scott. He was right though. Stiles was less lively. It wasn’t his fault. Ever since he started cutting, he’s been drained of energy. He knows he should eat more to regain his strength but something stops Stiles every time. He doesn’t want to get better because deep down he knows he doesn’t deserve it.

   Maybe this is how he’s supposed to live; broken. But Stiles doesn’t want to live that way. He wants to be with Derek and for him to love him. All of that was just a fantasy that will never come true. Stiles bit his lip. The sudden urge for pain was strong.

   He glanced at Scott who was still expecting an answer from him. Stiles forced a smile.

   “Listen, can I talk to you later? I have to do something really important”

   “Yeah…sure” said Scott hesitatingly and watched Stiles speed off to the bathroom.

    Just then the bell for first period sounded. Stiles still went inside a bathroom stall anyway. School could wait; right now he needed to replenish himself before he’ll do something crazy. Whole body trembling, he reached in his jacket pocket for the razor. He yanked up his sleeves and allowed the blade to begin working on his skin. Blood dripped down his arm. Stiles shivered. It was so warm and very inviting.

   He closed his eyes, savoring this peaceful and blissful moment. The pain welcomed him with happiness. Stiles pushed down on the blade more, hoping to have the pain last for a little longer. He was unaware that he had cut too deep. It was when he opened his eyes when he saw the huge gash on his wrist.

   “Oh shit!” he said frightened.

     Blood squirted from his wound. Stiles quickly grabbed some toilet paper. He then put it to his wound and applied pressure on it. Hopefully then, the bleeding will calm down. But Stiles knew he had to go the hospital. This inquiry was serious. He could feel the blood seep through the toilet paper. Dizziness danced in his head. He was growing pale. He body became limp and fell to the ground.

   Stiles lied on the floor, staring up at the bathroom’s ugly fluorescent lights.

 “Is this it?” he muttered. “Is this how I die?”

      A rough chuckled burped from his throat. Stiles rolled over to his side, accepting the bathroom’s tile cold floor. He figured he was going to be here for a while. Everybody was in class and besides no one hardly used this bathroom. It was the reason why he chose it.

  “Derek…” he said sleepily, his eyes fluttering open and closed.

     He pictured him standing there, staring at him with disappoint in his pretty blue eyes.

    “I’m sorry”

      It was the last thing Stiles said before he blacked out.

A/N: I’m a cruel person am I? Man, this chapter tore me up. Too sad.

How do you guys feel about it? As you all know, Sterek is in the championship round for the backlot poll. They are against Destiel, which is a big ship. So can you guys vote for them? Voting ends Saturday and the winner will be announced.

  Here’s the link: http://www.thebacklot.com/ultimate-slash-madness-championship-round/08/2013/

  Also, should the next chapter be in Derek’s POV?