Ch 29 Downfall

Lily's POV:

"It's Carter and his men!" Daniel rushed out of breath.

"How many casualties?" I asked standing up, but not putting weight on my hurt leg. 

"So far...just two." He reported.

"And injuries?" 

"Half of us, and nearly all of the guards."

"Crap." I mumbled. "Gear up guys, I want each of you in bulletproof vests." I ordered and limped out of the room. 

"Where are you going?" Xavier asked. 

"Jace and I need sniper rifles and a lot of ammo." I smirked. 

"No, you're both injured." Blake spoke up.

"WThey won't be in the middle of the fight." Anna said walking in. 

"Yeah, Anna's crew, my crew, and Oliver will watch over them. Only a quarter of my men will stay with Lily and Jace. The others will join your gang in the fight." Kevin said standing next to Anna.

"Why are you helping us?" Jace asked suspicious of the sudden help.

"For many reason, Jace." Oliver said. "We're all very close to Lily, and these people hurt her. Not only that, but we're all sick of Carter, it's time to get rid of him."

"Alright, the snipers are ready, Carter's men are advancing to the house now. We need to ." Anna rushed.

We left and got to the roof. I laid down and put my eye to the scope and aimed. I fired, watching the enemy drop like flies. Before they could pin-point where the shots were coming from, they were already dead. Everything was under control from where we stood, until suddenly bullets started flying past us. We all took cover.

"Where is it coming from?" I asked.

"The vans!" Anna said and got up to shoot. "They have bulletproof vans!" She said taking cover again.

"We can't shoot them!" Kevin yelled from the North side of the roof.

"We're surrounded!" Oliver yelled from the West side of the roof. 

Anna was on the East, and Jace and I were on the South. Each leader had their team with them on their side.

"Guys, they're advancing to the house. Everyone fighting on the ground are outnumbered." Jordan reported from Anna's team.

"We're screwed." Jace mumbled.

We sat hidden listening to the gunshots below, only occasionally getting up to try and hit people who left the vans. Eventually there was a constant stream of bullets from machine guns that every van seemed to have. We were sitting ducks, and we couldn't help anyone on the ground anymore. 

"Do you hear that?" Jace asked me.

"What?" I asked. He shushed me and as I listened, I heard helicopters slightly in the distance. They made the sky rumble like a horrid storm coming in as they approached, but for some reason I felt calm, almost like our enemies should fear the new arrivals. Once they got in range, the choppers rained explosives on the vans. To make sure no one escaped the airstrike, ladders dropped from the helicopters and people with bulletproof vests searched the area of the now burnt vans. After giving the choppers the all clear sign, the new arrivals joined the ground fight.

One chopper flew over the roof and dropped a ladder by Jace and I. We watched as Maria, the now head of the Italian Mafia, climbed down the ladder. Behind her two men also climbed down and jumped when they were close enough to the roof. When they landed, they walked and stood at Maria's sides.

"Did you miss us?" Maria asked as the chopper flew away. 

I looked at the two guys smiling next to her. "Chris! Cam!" I yelled and they ran over and pulled me into a group hug. 

"I see how it is." Maria joked.

"Oh my gosh! You're actually here! In Miami!" I yelled as she pulled me into a hug.

"Hey Maria." Anna and Kevin greeted.

"Oh, it's you." Oliver frowned. 

"Um...rude much." I asked Oliver who shrugged. "You know that moron?" I asked Maria and pointed to Oliver.

"Unfortunately." She sighed.

"Anyways. Let's get to spring cleaning all the crap on your property." She smiled mischievously. Just so you know, she's talking about the people who attacked us, not actual crap...that would be gross.

"But it's not even Spring." Jace said.

"So?" She asked. 

"Uh...nothing." He said and started messing with his sniper rifle. 

That's weird, he never fidgets unless he's nervous. Then it clicked.

"Oh! This is one heavy bar of gold!" I laughed. "He's scared of you!" I said to Maria.

"That's hilarious! The top spy is finally afraid of someone other than you and the guys!" She laughed.

"That's not true." He protested.

"Then what are you doing?" Chris asked while I laughed even harder. 

"I'm making sure my sniper is in tip-top condition to shoot." 

"Liar." Maria said and we walked down he stairs to join the fight.

When we walked in, I see the normal hand-to-hand combat, some knives being thrown, knife fights, and people shooting. Pretty much hell broke loose in my living room. But that's all part of a normal raid like this. What's not normal, is the new recruit, Dawson, throwing acid, yes acid, in the enemies face. But I won't question it, I don't think I want to know.

I watched as Carter's men dropped like flies. I pulled out my pistol and shot a guy who was sneaking up to Xavier with a knife. Xavier turned and shot a grateful smile to me before continuing to fight. 

Eventually the gunfire seized and everyone relaxed. Alex walked up holding a guy by his collar and threw him to the ground at my feet. Kevin and Oliver walked in supporting Jace, they stopped by my side.

"Zack." Jace sneered. 

"Traitor." Zack hissed but ended up in a coughing fit.

"Technically, I was never one of you to begin with. So..." Jace trailed off. He was having fun ruffling Zack's feathers, but It's time to end this.

"Alright Jace, you had your fun." I said kicking Zack in the gut with my good leg. "Who are you working for?" I asked. 

"None of your damn business." He sneered. 

"Wrong answer." I said and shot him in the leg. He cried out in pain, but I ignored it. "I'll ask again." I paused. "Who are you working for?"

"Go to hell bitch!" He coughed. 

" I will eventually." I smirked. "I guess I'll see you there." I raised my gun to his head. "Any last words?" I asked. 

"They're not dead...your par..." but he was cut off. Before I could question him, or he could finish, bullets were flying through the air. Everyone took cover, but he was already dead. 

"No!" I yelled. "Who's not dead?!" 

"Lily! Please! Move!" Jace yelled. 

But I couldn't move. I was frozen. Who was he talking about? Scott and Linda, or my parents? 

***

Hey guys! Here it is! Another cliffy, but...you know how it goes... 

Anyways, in the book it's still winter because I have a plan for the ending of the book. So it's not parallel to spring right now. 

Enjoy!

~Christa