Chapter 2

Song of the day: Lips of an Angel by Hinder

         In the jet, Agent Carter sat alone reading her favorite book 'Interview with the Vampire' by Anne Rice. She was now far in the book, about the part where Claudia kills Lastat by giving him dead man's blood and slitting his throat. Carter loved these kind of books. You know, the ones where the supposed bad guys of the book are actually really good, and in the end has to decided between life without someone he truly loved, or life with the person who killed his beloved.

      Dr. Reid examined the book in Carter's hands, and wondered what possessed her to read that book. It's not that the book is bad, but to him the book wasn't good either. The author had a good idea, but the plot was so overused in his opinion. He wondered if he should bother her while she was reading, but in his mind he thought she would get angry and frustrated with him.

"Hey pretty boy, I believe I had told you to talk to Spike on the jet earlier." Morgan stated, smirking.

"I don't believe she'd like me to bother her while she is reading." Reid retorted, and Morgan scoffed.

       Morgan felt that he needed to make a move, so he walked over to Carter and pulled her book out of her hands. She looked up at him angrily, but sighed and put on a fake smile. Reid could tell by her quick change in demeanor that it did anger her with bothering her while she was reading. 'I told you so.' He thought to himself, as he watched the two agents talk. He seen the two agents keep exchanging looks his way, before Morgan motioned him over.

      Sighing, Reid stood to his feet and walked over towards the two agents. Agent Carter offered him a seat next to her, as Morgan sat across from them. Carter's phone ringing, broke the silence between the trio. Carter looked at the screen and saw that it was her mother.

"I got to take this." She stated, before excluding herself once more from the two.

      Morgan listened in on her side of the conversation, to see if it was something important. He made it look as if he wasn't listening, but in reality he had his full attention in on the conversation.

"Hello mother." She stated, no emotion evident in her voice to him.

      Morgan knew then that it probably wasn't important, but he couldn't help but still listen in. Dr. Reid has his attention completely elsewhere, and didn't try to listen at all because he respected everyone's privacy.

"Yeah we can talk for a moment. Hey baby!" She exclaimed, happiness overcoming her voice.

        This made Morgan wonder. Did she have a boyfriend? Husband? He had no idea what to think. Then he over heard something. He didn't know was even true by her looks.

"Yes. Mommy misses you, too, baby. I'll see you soon. Promise. Yes I'll bring cherries. Alright baby, Mommy needs to go back to work. I love you, Ellie. Bye bye." She said, as she ended the call.

          Morgan couldn't believe it. SSA Carter Spike has a kid. To Morgan, Carter looked like the youngest agent they had, and she was so slim. Nothing pointed to a mother on her figure at all, but he wasn't going to question her, nor was he going to tell a single person about what he overheard. Carter sighed to herself and then walked back to her old seat next to Dr. Reid.

"Hello my lovelies." Garcia said, as she appeared over the screen.

"Hey Garcia, what did you find?" JJ asked, looking over st the screen.

"Well, it seems that all of these girls had something in common besides age, so I did some digging. It seems like all these girls go to the same high school in Tampa Bay. It seems that these girls also were part of the school. Like they all did something like cheerleader, softball player, basketball player, and get this. They were all abducted after a game." Garcia explained, looking over her list.

"Like in the parking lot?" SSA Emily Prentiss asked, looking st her file once more.

"No, actually they had all went to the park right after the game." She answered, looking directly at Prentiss as she answered her question.

"Why though? Most people would want to go back home after a game to shower. Why would they go to the park? Garcia did they win their games?" Carter asked, causing her to shake her head.

"No, they seemed to have lost their games." Garcia replied, after clicking a few pages for information.

"Did they happen to have a dispute with anyone before or after the game?" Dr. Reid asked, hoping his question would open a new lead.

"Not that was seen, if they did, nobody seen or heard it." She answered, causing Reid to frown

"Thanks, Garcia." Reid replied, and she nodded.

"You're welcome. Penny G, out." Garcia announced, before the screen went black.

          The agents sat around and thought through the information that they were just given. Agent Carter wondered why these girls were abused and killed, and in her home town. She didn't know what the possible motives could be, but she really wanted to figure it out.

       The jet soon landed in Tampa Bay, and everyone gathered their stuff. They all stood up, and got ready to leave. Once everyone was out of the jet, Hotch directed everyone around.

"JJ and Morgan go to the morgue, Prentiss and Rossi go to the crime scene, and Spike and Reid go talk to the families of the victims."

      Spike and Reid walked to a truck, and got in. The first family they were going to talk to was Frita's. The ride was silent, and to Reid it felt awkward, since he knew little to nothing about this girl.

"What is the reasoning to you looking so stiff?"  Carter asked.

"Nothing." Reid lied.

"I can tell you are lying. Am I making you feel uneasy?" She asked a little upset.

"No no. It's not you, I promise. It's just that, I barely know anything about you, and ever since you walked in the BAU, Morgan has been trying to get me to talk to you." He explained.

"Are you saying you don't want to talk to me?" She asked with a smirk plastered on her face.

"No no, I was saying that I did want to talk to you, but I didn't know how to just start a conversation without seeming foolish, and I was afraid I'd freak you out." He rambled.

"Reid, let me tell you a secret. Nothing freaks me out easily, and you may seem to be a bit weird...but how can you resist being weird, when you're one of the smartest and nicest guys I've ever met." Carter stated.

        This made Reid smile to himself. The foreign feeling in his stomach appeared again, but this one was different. He could feel it like it was tingles. He knew this feeling was good, he just wasn't positive just yet what this feeling could be. He really wanted to figure it out, and wanted to know if Carter felt the same feeling in the pit of her stomach as he did when they spoke, or seen each other in a room. He was determined to figure out what all these new foreign feelings were, and why they started with Carter.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

A/N:

           Hello beautiful people. I hope y'all liked it! I think this chapter is pretty good. This is my first all 3rd person POV book ever, so it's kind of hard for me. So if there's a few words that are the wrong POV then I'm sorry. Hopefully I'll catch them, but if I don't sorry.

Question of the day: What do you think about a woman running for President of the USA?

      I believe that if she wants to, she should. Besides that, to me, I think she'd be a better Pres than Donald Trump. He pretty much lied to us completely, and said if he's elected, then he'd completely change in office. Hillary Clinton may not be a great choice, but she is completely better than Donald Trump in my opinion.

Love you all!

Vote
Comment&
Share!

                                        -Youngblood Xxx