Chapter 29: My Old Friend

Nathan: Hey, we haven't talked in a while... How have you been? I've seen you all over the internet, it's crazy how famous you've gotten!
You: Yeah... It's crazy...
Nathan: Are you okay? I remember the old y/n, she always text that way when she's down.
You: I'm not down, I'm fine...
Nathan: You're lucky! I'm in Virginia because of tour, be at your house in 15.
You: Nate, don't! I'm fine, I promise...
Nathan: Be there in 15! 😘
I then sighed and put my phone down. I didn't want Nathan to come over... Nathan is an old friend of mine, he was my neighbor as a child. He moved when he was seven. We were best friends. We would always play hide-n-seek and we shared friends. We even had a fake wedding before. He always made me smile, unfortunately by the time my tenth birthday came. His parents got a divorce, his mom toke him back to Washington. His father is somewhere, none of us know... He's now on tour with his friend Jonas and such. Nathan knew everything about me, from my birthday to my darkest secret. He was my best friend, my enemy, my childhood crush. We were that close. Now he's coming in a few minutes, we haven't seen each other for nine years, and the first time he'll see me after nine years, is the emotion no one should ever suffer. Heartbroken. I then heard the doorbell rang, I didn't get up because I didn't want to see the outdoors. The painful, scary, judgmental outdoors. I stayed in my bed full of tears and sadness waiting for him to come up. I then heard footsteps coming up stairs, I just sat and waited. I then heard my door squeak open.
" y/n?" I heard a soft voice call my name. I turned to the door and saw a blue eyed boy. He then opened the door wide so I could see his appearance. He was tall, he had more hair on his head, his eyes were brighter, he wore darker clothes, and he was paler. He looked at me shocked, scared, surprised, horrified. I began to burst into tears. His appearance changed, I now wonder did his personality change? The personality that I fell in love with as a ten year old. The personality of thirteen year old Nathan. He slowly walked up to me an hugged me, hugged me tight, hugged me crying. He cried on my shoulder and I cried on his. The feeling of seeing your best friend after a long time is powerful. He then released and wiped his tears away. He then stared at my face, and then wiped my tears away. Then, he just sat on my bed and just looked at me.  
" Who?"
" Who what?"
" y/n, don't play stupid! Who did this? Who left my best friend heartbroken? Who left my best friend sad? Who left my best friend alone? Y/N, TELL ME WHO?!"
" Everyone..." I then began crying, I used my hands to cover my face. I cannot face my best friend like this. He then removed the hands from my face, I stared into his eyes. He stared back.
" y/n, is this what you have been suffering while I was gone?" His soft voice spoke quietly. I nodded my head. Warm tears began flowing even more. He wiped them away and put a strand of my hair behind my ear.
" Tell me everything." I did what I was told. I told him everything. I told him about y/bf/n, Jacob, Loren, Bryce, Mark, KC, Aniya, Blake, Hunter, Brandon, Cameron, and Taylor. I toke two hours to explain. He just sat there and listened, two hours straight, no interruptions. As soon as I finished, I crying happily, angrily, and full of sadness. I told him the happy memories, the terrible memories, my almost death, the loving memories, the awful things I've been told, the jealousy I've felt, the amazing things I've been told. I told him everything. His face read shocked all over his face. I wasn't surprised, describing everything also got me shocked. His eyes were wide open, tears then started flowing out of his eyes. I hugged him, tightly.
" I-I'm sorry..."
" What are you sorry about?"
" y/n, I left you, alone. I left you with all these terrible people. I left you to go adventure on your own. I left you... And now you have a broken heart. I should have never left Virginia... You needed me and I wasn't there. I'm such a fool!"
" Nathan, you're not a fool... It wasn't your choice to leave, and I'm glad you left me to adventure alone. It proved to me how much I needed you rather than these other awful people."
" I regret leaving you..." He then released from my hug. He stared into my eyes.
" Nathan, I miss us... I miss my best friend. I miss my enemy. I miss my blue eyed weirdo. I miss my childhood crush."
" I miss us too..." He then grabbed my shoulders and gave me a kiss on the forehead. Not a romantic kiss, a friendly kiss. I felt safe. I then looked out my window and saw that it was dark outside.
" Nathan, it's dark outside. Where are you staying?"
" A hotel room, they won't mind if I'm gone for an important reason." He then flashed me a smile.
" Nate, I'm not that important..."
" Yes, you are!" He then grabbed his phone out of his pocket and began texting people. After two minutes, he put his phone on my bedside table.
" Nate, if you're sleeping here, what are you going to wear? I don't have any clothes for you..." He then slowly got up from my bed and walked out of my bedroom. I was confused about what he was doing. He then came back with a bag. He pulled clothes out of it, he then threw me one of his t-shirts.
" I'm going to be in the bathroom changing, change into that." He then walked out of my bedroom and closed the door. I picked up his shirt and looked at it. It was a black t-shirt that had a white younow logo on it. I then realized that the shirt was kinda big. I got up from my bed and put it on. It went all the way to my knees, I looked at the mirror and admired how cute I looked, except for the fact that my face looked like a wreck. I wasn't wearing any pants so it just made me look 1000% cuter. It also smelled like cologne, really good cologne. I then heard a knock on the door.
" Come in!" Nathan then came in with a black shirt that said LA and had a white circle around it. He also wore regular sweatpants. His outfit was cute. He looked at me and looked shocked.
" You look adorable!!" I then smiled, really hard. He then ran up to me and picked me up by my legs. My head was facing his back and my legs were on his shoulders. I screamed as he picked me up. I began pounding on his back and shaking. Nathan began laughing.
" NATHAN TRISKA, PUT ME DOWN!!!" I began pounding harder, but he seemed to be feeling no pain. He then began spinning around. I felt scared so I just hugged his back. I also began screaming but then I started laughing. I then heard a creak and Nathan stopped spinning and looked at the door. Unfortunately, I couldn't see.
" Nathan honey, are you staying the night?"
" Of course Miss y/l/n!"
" Wonderful! Are you hungry or anything?"
" No, thanks for asking!"
" Anytime Nathan!" I then heard the door close.
" Nathan, who was that?"
" The Grim Reaper."
" Hahaha, very funny. Who was it?"
" Your mom."
" Nice! CAN YOU PUT ME DOWN NOW?!?"
" Hmmm, let me think... Nope!" He then began running around my room. My head began to hurt, from being upside down.
" Nate, can you put me down? My head hurts..."
" Sure!" He began running to my bed and dropped me on my bed. I fell on my butt. I then yawned.
" I'm tired..."
" You haven't eaten yet."
" I'm not hungry!"
" You sure?"
" Yeah." I then buried myself in my blankets.
" Nathan, can you do me a favor?"
" Sure!"
" Can you cuddle with me?" He looked at me confused but agreed anyways. He slowly go into my bed. As soon as he was under the covers, he hugged me from my back. It felt nice to be assured that you'll be fine. I still remember when we were children, Nathan would promise me that he would be my superman if I promised to be his superwoman. I then felt Nathan's hands playing with my hair. I liked when people played with my hair, it always made me feel safe. No one knew that I liked when people played with my hair, except for Nathan. I then turned my body around. I looked up and saw his eyes. It was dark, but somehow his eyes still managed to stay bright. It was beautiful. He then noticed I was staring into his eyes and stared into mine.
" y/n, had anyone ever told you that you have nice eyes?" His voice was deep and raspy, he must have been really tired. I liked hearing his voice when he was tired.
" No, because it's not true."
" y/n, shut up! Your eyes are beautiful!"
" Shut up! You just told me to shut up, no one tells y/n y/l/n to shut up!"
" Well, I just did!"
" If you want me to shut up, make me!" I then felt lips crash onto my lips. I began feeling all kinds of emotions. Shocked, scared, nervous. I don't know why but I kissed back. It felt nice, but it wasn't as good as Jacob's kisses. He then released and smiled at me. I smiled back.
" Well, I made you shut up."
" Shut up Triska." I then began falling asleep. Before falling asleep, I saw Nathan giving me a kiss on my forehead. I smiled as it gave me a warm sensation in my body. I then fell deep asleep. Finally, something good happened. I was in trouble and someone saved me. I could have gotten depression if anything had gotten worse. Nathan came at the right time. He saved me from all the monsters that were trying to come my way. I'm now happy, but... What emotion could Jacob be suffering from?