Returning

The Golden Trio with Ginny, and Pansy were sitting in their compartment.

Hermione and Ron decided it would be better if they stayed friends, so Ron was currently dating Pansy Parkinson. Harry was still dating Ginny and Hermione said she wanted to stay single so she could concentrate to her studies.

Ginny and Harry were snogging and Ron with Pansy were sleeping while murmuring something about frogs and home and muggles.

Suddenly the door of the compartment opened and all of them glared at the intruder. Hermione was the only one that didn't seem to notice. She was lost in her book's world.

The intruder coughed. Harry snapped the book from Hermione and she finally noticed what was going on.

"Harry give me my book! Oh! Hello Malfoy! What can we do for you?"

She knew that it wasn't his fault that he became a Death Eater and she tried to be civil towards him for Narcissa's shake.

The two women had grown close to each other as Narcissa treated Hermione like her own daughter.
She couldn't reverse the memory charm she had put on her parents and being with Narcissa made her believe that she had a family.

"Professor McGonagal wants to talk to all of the seventh years as soon as we reach the castle. She said you have to be there or else she'll deduct points."

He turned to leave when Harry held his arm.

"Why don't you sit with us Malfoy? I don't think anyone minds. You can bring your things here."

The others nodded in agreement and Hermione smiled.

"Sure. Why not? Thanks."

He smiled at Hermione and sat beside her seeing that the other seats were taken.

They all resumed what they were doing and Draco fell asleep.

.............................................................

They were almost there and all the others were sleeping. Draco had leant on Hermione's lap, but she didn't seem to mind.

She decided that she had to wake them up so she shook gently Draco's arm.

"Malfoy. Malfoy, wake up."

"Five more minutes my Hermione."

He mumbled.

She blushed and looked around. The others were looking at her smirking and she blushed more.

"You...you heard that too, right?"

They all nodded.

She pointed her wand at Draco and whispered.

"Aguamenti"

Water splashed at his face and he stood up with a jolt. Accidentally he pushed Hermione, who tried to catch something to prevent her from falling but she grabbed his arm, pulling him with her on the ground.

"Ma- Malfoy... breath- air...get off...difficult..."

She managed to say, her lips had already turned blue.

"Oh! Yeah...sorry Granger..."

He stammered. He got up and offered her his hand to help her up.

The others were watching them with a knowing look and a smirk plastered on their face.

Hermione blushed and Draco looked away.

.............................................................

They entered the Great Hall and sat with their houses.

McGonagal stood at the podium.

"I want to welcome all of you back and I would like that all the students except the seven years to leave the Great Hall immediately."

When the Great Hall was almost empty. McGonagal spoke again.

"Intead of having Defence Against The Dark Arts, you are going to work on a responsibility project. You will be paired up and one of you will drink a potion that will turn him into a toodle. The other one must take care of it and if anything happens to the kid, points shall be deducted. That's why you and your pair will be living with one more pair in special chambers made to fit your needs. Do you understand?"

Surprisingly all the students agreed with the idea and smiled at her.

"Perfect! Now! You will write your name on the parchment and it will show you your partner."

The girls wrote their names.

Ginny squealed.

"I got Harry!"

Pansy smiled.

"I got Ron!"

Hermione wrote her name. The name that appeared under made her pale and looked up.

"I got Malfoy."

Ginny smirked evilly.

Pansy leaned to whisper in her ear.

"He had a bad childhood. He might be afraid to talk to you. And don't tell him you're a muggleborn! Be careful around him."

"Thank you for telling me Pans!"

At that moment, Draco sat beside her.

"Hello there Granger. Looks like we're going to spend a lot of time together this year."

He smirked. And she smirked rolling her eyes.

Draco turned to Harry who was trying to tell him something.

"Hermione had a dark past Draco and she hadn't told anyone, but it has to be really bad, because every time we mention her past, her eyes darken and she changes the subject. Whatever it is, just don't do anything that might hurt her in any way. Promise me that."

He sounded dead sirius (sorry, serious) and Draco nodded.

"I promise."

.............................................................

The feast was over and they were announcing the groups.

"Pansy Parkinson, Ronald Weasley, Blaise Zabini and Astoria Greengrass. Please follow professor Slughorn."

They left happily.

"Hermione Granger, Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley. Please follow me."

They were the last so they followed McGonagal to their chamber.

They arrived in front of a door without a handle.

"It only opens with your hand. Just put your hand on the door and it will open."

They did as she said. They entered and stood, looking in awe.

"I'm going to leave you now. I suppose you can do the other things without my help."

"Yes, Headmistress. Goodnight!"

Hermione answered and they turned to the room.