Nine: Faltering Silence

There was a little girl that came to my mind. Looked to be about 12 maybe 13, Chocolate brown curly locks down her back and light brown eyes dancing with joy and wonder. I had been seeing her a lot lately though I'm still not quite sure who it was. She always seemed to be glued to these two boys both brunette, although one was hinting blond, They both seemed adorable in their own way although their faces were too difficult to make out. In this particular dream the three of them were playing outside at a pool of sorts lounging and relaxing having an overall great day. However, this great day was interrupted by a severe thunderstorm. The kids all jolted out of the pool. Although it was only a little rain and they were wet anyways, the thunder was a deafening boom that sent shivers up and down the tweens. However, the girl ran back into the pool because she forgot her water gun. As she reached for the metal handle, a flash of lighting zapped her making her cry out a fatal screech before her limp body fell into the water.

I jolted awake seeing that girl screaming out for someone to save her, however when I finally looked at my surroundings there was no pool, no storm, no outside. I was sitting in a pale and ever so lifeless hospital room.

A group of doctors rushed in immediately after the sound of my scream hooking things to me and checking everything.

"I'm fine it was just a bad dream." I called out in irritable but it made absolutely no difference.

"Should we put her to sleep?"

"What's going on?" I asked finally catching the main doctors attention

"Allow me to explain. You my dear, lost more than half of your blood and you have a piece of a blade of sorts stuck inside your stomach. You were suppose to be dead, and we're still trying to figure out how it is that you're still even breathing." His lack of emotion and sympathy made me want to spit on his face.

"Miracles happen ya know."

"Not when you've got the rarest blood type out there." He smiled

"So how'd you get it then?"

"An old man came down right in time and gave you all the blood that he possibly could. You are a very lucky girl."

"What was the man's name?"

"Chase. He didn't give a last name, said you'd know." I chocked

My voice hitched, "Are you sure you've got that name right?"

"Yes? Is there a problem."

I held in my surprise. "Oh um no not at all I'm very grateful. Is Justin ok?"

"The pop star? Oh he has a few broken bones and a lot of lost blood but he's healing in the luxury suite."

"There's luxury suites in hospitals?"

"When you're as famous as he is." He laughed. "A nurse will bring your food and medicines in shortly you've got a lot of visitors to see." With that he walked out

Seconds later my own mother walked in.

"Scarlett sweetie I'm so glad you're alright." She had tears in her eyes.

"I'm a tough duck, mom." I giggled

She shook her head wiping her eyes "You're still a loser though."

"What a nice thing to say to someone lying in their potential death bed."

"Don't say that unless you want me to flood this place with my tears."

"I'm sorry madre."

"Madre?"

"I dabble in Spanish ya know."